• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2024

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
How about a best of Q1 players

1.Yashsvi Jaiswal (OP)
2.Ibrahim Zadran (OP)
3.Kusal Mendis (MOB)
4.Rachin Ravindra (MOB)
5.Rahmnullah Gurbaz (WK)
6.Glenn Phillips (MOB)
7.Wanindu Hasaranga (AR)
8.Ravi Ashwin (SP)
9.Matt Henry (FB)
10.Jasprit Bumrah (FB)
11.Josh Hazlewood (FB)

12.Pathum Nissanka (Bat)
13.Nathan Lyon (Bowl)
14.Mohammad Nabi (Any)

Interesting that all players are from the Test nations.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
How about a best of Q1 players

1.Yashsvi Jaiswal (OP)
2.Ibrahim Zadran (OP)
3.Kusal Mendis (MOB)
4.Rachin Ravindra (MOB)
5.Rahmnullah Gurbaz (WK)
6.Glenn Phillips (MOB)
7.Wanindu Hasaranga (AR)
8.Ravi Ashwin (SP)
9.Matt Henry (FB)
10.Jasprit Bumrah (FB)
11.Josh Hazlewood (FB)

12.Pathum Nissanka (Bat)
13.Nathan Lyon (Bowl)
14.Mohammad Nabi (Any)

Interesting that all players are from the Test nations.
Yeah, but 3 are from Afghanistan....

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Speaking as one of the cutters, I can't see Nath Lyon playing any T20Is unless a serial killer starts targeting Aussie LO twirlers and those are the only fixtures they have in Q2.
Lol. I took him for Q3 and 4 as I really wasn't much confident in picking players from Namibia, Oman and Uganda....

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Lol. I took him for Q3 and 4 as I really wasn't much confident in picking players from Namibia, Oman and Uganda....
Oman is one of the safest teams , lot of seniors in their squad who are locks ..

17 guaranteed matches in this quarter and potentially more if they reach the final of the Asia associate cup and cause some upsets in T20 WC..

For example if you picked Zeeshan Maqsood the Oman captain , whose an all rounder,Even if Maqsood averages 20 runs a match and takes 15 wickets in those 17 matches he will give you
640 points and that's not even counting catches and runouts he might be involved in, so that's a very conservative estimate ..

That's well worth a risk even if you don't know the player.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Oman is one of the safest teams , lot of seniors in their squad who are locks ..

17 guaranteed matches in this quarter and potentially more if they reach the final of the Asia associate cup and cause some upsets in T20 WC..

For example if you picked Zeeshan Maqsood the Oman captain , whose an all rounder,Even if Maqsood averages 20 runs a match and takes 15 wickets in those 17 matches he will give you
640 points and that's not even counting catches and runouts he might be involved in, so that's a very conservative estimate ..

That's well worth a risk even if you don't know the player.
I can understand that, and he certainly would had been much more beneficial for me in this quarter, and by all means would had returned more than Lyon....... I just didn't felt confident enough in taking a player I no literally nothing about. I did the same in the main draft too and it did kinda backfired on me with quite a fair few names.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
I can understand that, and he certainly would had been much more beneficial for me in this quarter, and by all means would had returned more than Lyon....... I just didn't felt confident enough in taking a player I no literally nothing about. I did the same in the main draft too and it did kinda backfired on me with quite a fair few names.
Just need to google 'Has the player I'm about to pick ever raped anybody?' and if the answer is no then you're good to go.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Just need to google 'Has the player I'm about to pick ever raped anybody?' and if the answer is no then you're good to go.
In all honesty, I have seen Lamichhane play in IPL, and that was the main reason I was confident in picking him. But as luck would have it....

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Do scores in the ongoing Test count towards a Q1 score or does it fall into Q2?

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
@Kenneth Viljoen really wanted to take Aqib Ilyas as my first pick in the minidraft and you picked him as your first before me. That's great from you and it's paying rich dividends.
Quality player for sure, but I need Oman to play better cricket than what they are currently playing..Relying a little too much on Aquib it might be too much for the poor bloke.