• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2018

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Why are you posting stupid things anil
"Automatic or manual you're playing for 2nd position"

It is import html Teuton, and it automatically updates the scores,you have to link it to the cricinfo stats

anil1405

International Captain
Why are you posting stupid things anil
"Automatic or manual you're playing for 2nd position"

It is import html Teuton, and it automatically updates the scores,you have to link it to the cricinfo stats
Shove your hate somewhere randy, I was talking about performances of Roy and Root.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I didnt mean to delete it. on my phone when i try and edit a post it screws up. Dropped huh?lol him and Litton Das were bad middle order picks by me. I didnt rate Sadeera in the slightest when I saw him. But hey its SL they will change the team shortly.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
I didnt mean to delete it. on my phone when i try and edit a post it screws up. Dropped huh?lol him and Litton Das were bad middle order picks by me. I didnt rate Sadeera in the slightest when I saw him. But hey its SL they will change the team shortly.
Mendis is his replacement.He won't be selected for sometime.

Asela Gunaratne was a bit unlucky,not to have been selected for Tests.

Teuton

International Captain
Are u updating the scorecards manually?
There's an automated way to do that.It's import html option and Vitalogy83 knows how to do that.You got to make sure the right format is there ,and you got to link the particular link to your Google excel doc.
Hmm i've done it in excel before but not in google sheets. It would be better if i could update quicker, currently i just run the stats guru query and manually copy and paste. Vitalogy83 (or anyone else), do you know how to set up a link to a web table linked in google sheets?

anil1405

International Captain
As such, only matches between Afghanistan, Ireland, Hong Kong, Papua New Guinea, Scotland, the Windies, Zimbabwe and potentially the United Arab Emirates (if they qualify) will have ODI status in the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/595210

So the tournament has a super six stage too thus more games and hence scope to earn more points.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Hmm i've done it in excel before but not in google sheets. It would be better if i could update quicker, currently i just run the stats guru query and manually copy and paste. Vitalogy83 (or anyone else), do you know how to set up a link to a web table linked in google sheets?
Try this on the A1 cell of the Q1 tab
=IMPORTHTML("https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=11;filter=advanced;orderby=matches;size=200;spanmax2=31+Mar+2018;spanmin2=01+Jan+2018;spanval2=span;template=results;type=allround","table",3)

It may give an error saying the cells are already populated..so maybe make a back up of your file then clear out all the stats in q1 tab, up to the Avg diff column, including the headers.

Let me know how you go.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
=IMPORTHTML("https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=11;filter=advanced;orderby=matches;size=200;spanmax2=31+Mar+2018;spanmin2=01+Jan+2018;spanval2=span;template=results;type=allround","table",3)

It may give an error saying the cells are already populated..so maybe make a back up of your file then clear out all the stats in q1 tab, up to the Avg diff column, including the headers.

Let me know how you go.
Thanks DamithS.

Job for Teuton becomes easier now.

Google docs get updated real time.Managers will get to know their live scores,by visiting the relavant link.

Teuton

International Captain

Let me know how you go.
Thanks for that. Haven't had time to sit down at a computer yet but will give it a go when I do.

Teuton

International Captain
Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There is an available player who i am very annoyed I didnt snap up. I really rate him highly and instead went for a lolbad player.

Teuton

International Captain
Only 2 and a half months til you can pick him. Hope he will still be useful then. Of course if he's too good one of the lower teams will snap him up before you get a chance.

I see Afghanistan have their first test scheduled for June so good luck to thats a plus for the owners of Rashid & Nabi etc.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
I have implemented it now and it is looking good after a couple of minor adjustments. I may have to change something when it gets to over 200 players in the quarter though.
Any ideas as to if it updates automatically or if i need to do something quick.
Thanks very much for the recommendation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Ie0QdCThYIZTDA3ozryrQ3KyL2jeI66cAtsBRJDohU/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: oh yeah randy is now winning too.
Yea the 200 limit is the main issue..I don't know how to get around it because it's a limit on the CI stats table..Did last year have more than 200 players in a quarter?

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
I have implemented it now and it is looking good after a couple of minor adjustments. I may have to change something when it gets to over 200 players in the quarter though.
Any ideas as to if it updates automatically or if i need to do something quick.
Thanks very much for the recommendation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Ie0QdCThYIZTDA3ozryrQ3KyL2jeI66cAtsBRJDohU/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: oh yeah randy is now winning too.
Nufan made fun of me for recommending this.
I hope this makes Teutons job easier.

I'm pretty sure we play with 200 INT player throughout the year.But is 200 players possibility within a quarter?
Could be with the WC qualifiers tho.