• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Doping scandal in IPL

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Must be Asif or Shoaib and let's just move on !
I agree. It wont make any difference to PCB, to the two of them and to their chances of playing for Pakistan.

In fact, why should WADA want to test any cricketers from countries who refuse to take any action is beyond my understanding. :dry:

FRAZ

International Captain
I agree. It wont make any difference to PCB, to the two of them and to their chances of playing for Pakistan.

In fact, why should WADA want to test any cricketers from countries who refuse to take any action is beyond my understanding. :dry:
I think any one found doing such a stuff should be banned for life and for good . I don't think Sohail Tanveer or Gul have some thing to do with this and I believe it must be Asif then . And he should be banned for life then . I saw a couple of online news sources which have a tone suggesting Asif's involvement ).. so .....

FRAZ

International Captain
God, imagine if it is.

Assuming it's a performance enhancing substsance and it's an established international (not saying it is, but just assuming), what a blow to the game that would be.
(Winning team had Warne and Sohail Tanveer . Kolkata won one match with the help of Shoaib Akhtar ! (read a news article saying such stuff ),By the way I believe that performance enhancing drugs include opium !

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think any one found doing such a stuff should be banned for life and for good ..
It doesn't matter my dear what you and I think. The authorities in the sub-continent are a law unto themselves. Expediency rules.

Laurrz

International Debutant
juz hope it is not Warne or Shoaib or Asif, tbh.....
Ok, I actually thought about Warne..... I would be pretty crushed lol....... god please no :laugh:
:ph34r: He did look very fit....

Hope its no Aussies, no Pakistanis.... hope its an Indian, preferably non-domestic (i wont say guys like Dravid Tendulkar as 1. They wouldnt lol 2. Amongst my fav cricketers... ) but yea Hayby Uthappa and what not..

jammay123

State 12th Man
is it any real surprise it was asif? he did get caught not long after th eipl in dubai with drugs. he is the ultimate idiot

Laurrz

International Debutant
This is painful, well it already was it didn't need a 3rd time or whatever it has been....

Cant believe easily one of my favorite cricketers at one stage :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh well, here we go again.

Wonder what'll be used to get him off this time. I'll be astonished if it's not something.