• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dont want to play in Multan either

Swervy

International Captain
Shane Warne said:
England are just scared of their whopping now that they realised they aren't any good so they're trying to get out of it.
or of course it could be something to do with the highly sensitive times that London and England in general is going through at the moment

Beleg

International Regular
Multan's my hometown and this comes as a serious disappointment.

And the reasons are ****ing ridiculous. WTF? There IS a five-star (four-star) hotel around - the distance isn't as much as intra-city distances in big cities like Lahore and Karachi; while the stadium is arguably the best and biggest in the whole of Pakistan.

And it is not that they would have go through a whole maze of hood streets to reach the stadium from the hotel. There are a total of five turns on the route and the final leg, around 3-5 km in its entirity, is outside the main city.

If this goes on than it is better that the Brits don't tour at all. Frankly, we are better off without this sort of attitude.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sounds very fishy, especially for a side that are of course happy playing right near the London bombs a week after they happen.. After all, thats being defiant.. Its also moneymaking..

Sounds like glass houses and stones, get on with it..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
uh, so is South Africa, so is Zimbabwe, so is Jamaica, so is a lot of Sri Lanka?
but not as much as Pakistan come on, i have always said if England ever go over to Pakistan again they would need huge security since they could become prime targets for terrorist since the country is an ally of America...

Langeveldt

Soutie
aussie said:
but not as much as Pakistan come on, i have always said if England ever go over to Pakistan again they would need huge security since they could become prime targets for terrorist since the country is an ally of America...
and opposed to a few weeks ago when they needed massive security after bomb blasts in their own backyard... What's the difference?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
and opposed to a few weeks ago when they needed massive security after bomb blasts in their own backyard... What's the difference?
i see what your saying, but i dont want the English team to be blowed up :ph34r:

C_C

International Captain
aussie said:
i see what your saying, but i dont want the English team to be blowed up :ph34r:

So do you advocate London being outta the loop as well ?
I would hate to see any team getting blown up either......so by your logic, London should be banned too, ent ?

Beleg

International Regular
Verily, the only reason Pakistanies want the English to tour is to blow them up.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
So do you advocate London being outta the loop as well ?
I would hate to see any team getting blown up either......so by your logic, London should be banned too, ent ?
look i cant say that i know too much about what is occuring in PAK, but i am a bit concered about the safety for the English team.I know England have had its bombings of late but PAK get that all the time.....

C_C

International Captain
aussie said:
look i cant say that i know too much about what is occuring in PAK, but i am a bit concered about the safety for the English team.I know England have had its bombings of late but PAK get that all the time.....

You might remotely stand a chance with that argument if city in concern was Karachi.

cricket player

International Debutant
aussie said:
i dont blame them after all Pakistan is a dangerous country.....
Hmmmmmmmmm,

For what reason you say pakistan is dangerous?because when new zealand toured pakistan there was a bomb blast near their hotel?

Oh now Australia can say they will cancel the future tour to england because there was a bomb blast in london.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
This seems to be a bit dodgy... with Karachi, I can understand there being concerns, but Multan?? Good on the PCB for refusing to move the Test.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
i dont blame them after all Pakistan is a dangerous country.....
Then why visit the country ?? Incase you didn't know Multan is one of the safest place in Pakistan.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Pakistan is a bigger ally of America than England in this war of terror. Trust me dude,the contribution and sacrifices of Pakistanis have been much more than UK.