• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dont want to play in Multan either

cricket player

International Debutant
Tell me what pakistan has done and name some of the contirbutions,

Pakistan is a major terror under ground,

They were the ones to blame for sending talibans to afghanistan and they are the ones to blame for even sending more war lords when america attacked bin laden in afghanistan,

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
England are just scared of their whopping now that they realised they aren't any good so they're trying to get out of it.
Are you always a bonehead or is that just when you 'peak' after months of training?

I can always rely on your little pearls of wisdom to brighten my morning - it really humbles me to think that within our midst, we have the world's only surviving brain transplant donor.

I guess that behaving like an idiot to absolutely and so consistently comes with the name you have chosen for your userid.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Pakistan is a bigger ally of America than England in this war of terror. Trust me dude,the contribution and sacrifices of Pakistanis have been much more than UK.
Without crossing swords with you on this one too much, isn't the phrase "It's about damned time they put their own house in order" stating the obvious? Where did the whole 'Islamist extremism' movement start?

(and no, I'm not blaming Pakistan or Pakistanis at all - they have very much been the victims, but for so long there has been a 'head in the sand' attitude)

Need I mention the name Abu Ala al-Maudoodi?

C_C

International Captain
Where did the whole 'Islamist extremism' movement start?
Saudi Arabia.
Two names (incase you arnt aware) that 'islamic extremism' originates from are Muhammed ibn Abd al Wahhab and Muhammad Ibn Saud.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The whole Multan thing was nothing to do with security, it was because there was perceived to be a shortage of decent hotel rooms for media and supporters. The team never had a problem with playing in Multan.

"The ECB also added that they believed Multan to be "an outstanding cricketing facility". The prime reason for suggesting Rawalpindi as an alternative Test venue was because of the greater number of international-class hotels in that area, to accommodate the team, media and travelling spectators. "

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Without crossing swords with you on this one too much, isn't the phrase "It's about damned time they put their own house in order" stating the obvious?
I wish it were that simple. I give them full marks for trying and if it were not for (Saudi) Wahabis pouring their money into Pakistan-Afghanistan, this problem would never have gained any base there.

Where did the whole 'Islamist extremism' movement start?
Islamic extremism started in the middle east. During the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan a lot of these middle east extremists landed in Pakistan-Afghanistan to fight against the Soviets and Soviets are gone but the extremists remain there.

(and no, I'm not blaming Pakistan or Pakistanis at all - they have very much been the victims, but for so long there has been a 'head in the sand' attitude)
I find it funny that not so long ago you accused me of making ambigous statements, here you make one yourself.

Need I mention the name Abu Ala al-Maudoodi?
And what do you intend to prove with that ? Now If you get time from posting garbage, please take some time to read the history of MULTAN, which is also known as 'city of Saints and shrines'

Beleg

International Regular
The whole Multan thing was nothing to do with security, it was because there was perceived to be a shortage of decent hotel rooms for media and supporters. The team never had a problem with playing in Multan.
Which is just fishing for an excuse.

If India can play a test match here without any problem than I cannot see why England can't.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Beleg said:

If India can play a test match here without any problem than I cannot see why England can't.
G2 agree. It seems laughable that they are using non-security reasons here and yet, India played a test here only last year and will probably do so again, early next year.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Beleg said:

How many supporters and press follow India around compared to England?

They said it at the time, so how is it fishing for an excuse?

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Are you always a bonehead or is that just when you 'peak' after months of training?

I can always rely on your little pearls of wisdom to brighten my morning - it really humbles me to think that within our midst, we have the world's only surviving brain transplant donor.

I guess that behaving like an idiot to absolutely and so consistently comes with the name you have chosen for your userid.
So show the fact that you're one of the most intelligent guys on here and ignore him..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Over 10,000 Indian fans visited Pakistan to watch the India-Pak series in Pakistan. That said most Indian fans care about the quality of the Cricket Match and not the quality of hotels.

Typical snobbish attitude of ECB.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
So show the fact that you're one of the most intelligent guys on here and ignore him..
I try - really hard sometimes - the fact that I continually fail doesn't make it bad advice.

Sometimes it gets too much reading such idiotic nonsense time and time again and I just have to leave the forum entirely for a few weeks. I come back and really, nothing ever changes. They're still here.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
It's really stupid cos when football teams like AC MIlan and Inter say that they ain't gonna play in London they are given the reply ' you giving the terrorists a victory by not coming'. I hate to add poltics into sport but it's all a conspiracy against Pakistan. They want Pakistan to be blamed so they can take control of the Pakistani nuclear bomb. They will say the situation is not safe and the bomb could get into the wrong hands whereas in reality the Pakistani security is much more than the security in other countries with nuclear weapons. Anyways I feel that the English team should have agreed to a test match in Karachi aswell as Multan. Karachi is the largest city in the country and rich in cricketing history. Until England's last series it was a ground on which Pakistan had never lost a test match. The security is not really a problem. The people here want the England team to come and they will get a warm welcome, I am sure. The tour should go smoothly.

Beleg

International Regular
It is laughable to suggest that more press will be given to the Pak/English series than was given to a Pak/India series that was taking place after 15 years.

As for supporters, how many of Barmy Army will there be? 1000, 2000, 3000? There are enough good hotels (excluding the main one) in Multan to settle around 1000, 2000 people. Besides, I am sure Pakistan also provided some Indian supporters visa's for the test-series. Didn't hear a complain once either in the local papers or on Internet.

They said it at the time, so how is it fishing for an excuse?
It is fishing for an excuse to not play in Multan. Excepting security dangers and extremely long and externous travelling conditions (none of which apply in Multan) I don't think a visiting team should have any say in the choice of the venu's.

Craig

World Traveller
Run like Inzy said:
It's really stupid cos when football teams like AC MIlan and Inter say that they ain't gonna play in London they are given the reply ' you giving the terrorists a victory by not coming'. I hate to add poltics into sport but it's all a conspiracy against Pakistan. They want Pakistan to be blamed so they can take control of the Pakistani nuclear bomb. They will say the situation is not safe and the bomb could get into the wrong hands whereas in reality the Pakistani security is much more than the security in other countries with nuclear weapons. Anyways I feel that the English team should have agreed to a test match in Karachi aswell as Multan. Karachi is the largest city in the country and rich in cricketing history. Until England's last series it was a ground on which Pakistan had never lost a test match. The security is not really a problem. The people here want the England team to come and they will get a warm welcome, I am sure. The tour should go smoothly.
Inter chose to cancel the tour orginally going on advice so that they won't be an extra workload on the extra surcurity forces. AFAIK Milan are in America at the moment so they can just be a surcurity threat.

But as far as I'm concerned - just go out there and play!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Its hard to believe you when you post something like THIS.
Oh, come on. Even the blooming president of Pakistan YESTERDAY said that little had been done in the past to combat the problems - for many years Pakistan has, for one reason or another, been visualised as a safe haven for terrorists (more especially from Afghanistan in the early 1980's).

So much in this world is down to perception - that of being seen to be right - and that is why Musharraf announced that the first step is to ban foreigners from the madrassas. It's been suggested that more than one of the first wave of British suicide bombers had spent some time at one, some of which are Saudi-financed. That's not to say that they aren't places of religious study and to be applauded as such, but putting a lot of impressionable youngsters in one place can lead to exploitation on some occasions, especially if one or two have the political motivation and wish to exploit the situation.

Much of that is down to the physical geography of the place and the sheer enormity of trying to clear factions out of isolated areas. I never said that they weren't trying their hardest now, as Musharraf's statement reveals....

''Maybe the boat would have capsized" (if his government had pursued domestic militants more aggressively in 2002, he said.) ''We took action, but there were restraining factors."

Now if the country's blooming PRESIDENT admits that they hadn't done enough (and I was really referring to the Gen Zia era after the execution of Bhutto), then we can take it as read that they hadn't done enough.

If the reference to Abu Ala al-Maudoodi was too hard for you, he was (reputed to be) the person who was, let's say, the 'inspiration' of Osama Bin Laden.

I've just wasted another 20 minutes on you, haven't I? Banged my head against a brick wall.

Last edited: