• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Don Bradman 14

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yet another post that some poor confused soul will assume was about DBC14. The Big Ant PR team will be hating this thread like poison.
Well they spend their whole time trashing the Ashes game on their plannetcricket threads, so how is this any different? :p

Besides, it isn't that hard to follow.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be glad that you didn't. Holy **** I can't believe this is a game made in 2013.

Keep in mind this is the AI batting. Pure comedy.
That's awful. I'm sure the original footage from the game the Ashes 2013 developers put out was far better than that...clearly they just gave up.

ajdude

International Coach
the funny thing is they didn't release the console versions because they were too unstable.

just have a think about that.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not being made for next gen consoles? I may have a look if its starting price isn't bad.
I believe DBC14 IS being released for next gen, just not right away.

Also, the feeling seems to be that thanks to Ashes 13 poisoning the waters with an extremely ****ty cricket game (first cricket sim in 3 years), DBC might not come out till early '14.

Last edited:

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Had a look at the playtest in melbourne (on youtube)..

Seemed like a load of bugs need ironing out.. I know budgets are small but cricket games are laughable at the moment
mate there has not been a good one since shane warne/ brian lara 99 on the ps1 imo

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Your buddies at PC tell you that boi?
I still read. The developer at PC keeps skirting around the question, saying that it's up to the retailers at this point, so people are just reading between the lines and concluding that it's not releasing this calendar year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What was the last Cricket game EA made ?
Cricket 2007. And after many pretty poor attempts, that was actually a pretty good game. It required heavy modding but they did make modding pretty easy (uncharacteristically so by EA standards.. perhaps even by design?) and the base of the game was really good. If they could've just built on that a little bit once every couple of years I think we'd have a great game by now, but they cbf.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Nah its only in recent years EA have become massive ****s towards modding they used to be pretty good about it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just read this press release, pretty amazing really. Never heard of this happening before in the gaming industry actually.

“As most people who have followed the project closely can affirm, the development of Ashes Cricket 2013 has been fraught with challenges almost from the outset. The chosen developer, even with their many years of cricket game development experience, was unable to overcome the unexpected challenges that the chosen game engine threw up, even with multiple extensions to the development schedule. At the start of the project, 505 Games received all assurances from the developer that the engine was up to the task of creating a dynamic, cutting-edge cricket game for the modern age across multiple platforms, and unfortunately those assurances were found to be misplaced.”

“The net result of the challenges we have faced was a game which, despite our best efforts over the course of a 2 year development, couldn’t meet the quality benchmarks of either us, our licensors or our customers. 505 Games’ main priority right now is to protect the Ashes name and that of the ECB and Cricket Australia, and do what we can to recompense the cricket community.”

“As the licensee and publisher of name for Ashes Cricket 2013, 505 Games would like to apologise publicly and sincerely to our licensors, the ECB and Cricket Australia, and their respective partners/sponsors, who have been nothing but patient and supportive of us throughout the challenges this project has presented, and who, ultimately, we have let down. ”

“Our deepest apologies, however, are reserved for the fans of cricket and cricket games worldwide. 505 Games prides itself on being a safe pair of hands on which gamers of all tastes and denominations can rely to put their best foot forward to create compelling gaming experiences. It is clear that, in this instance, we have fallen way short of our stated aims and failed to deliver. We know that the mitigating factors, as highlighted above, hold little solace to the hordes of excited cricket fans worldwide who had hoped this year to be able to play out their fantasy of playing in the Ashes series.”

“The people who purchased the game will be contacted very shortly with details of a full refund.”

ajdude

International Coach
it's especially strange because it had been released and recalled. can only be good news for DBC14