• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does English cricket have an image problem?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So because David Warner "felt" he was insulting Muslims that's how it is is it??

I wonder what faith Malinga would be? How come Warners mate wasn't insulting that religion.........

"A mate of mine was actually wearing [the wig] on top of his head like a Malinga wig, that's what it was. He was wearing it on his head and (Root) decided to come in and take it off my mate's head and start acting the way he did," Warner said.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The soap dodgers are in strife; their VC is looking at stir, their keeper headbutts people to introduce himself; their captain is a racist and they don’t put flouride in their water. It’s a recipe for a shambles.

An image somewhere between Cook’s classical piano and Stokes belting blokes while on the piss would probably work well. Someone who’s excellent at their sport, humble and never in strife while out on the town. The Poms need Steve Smith.

But then, don’t we all?

Cow

Banned
We're not allowed allowed to discuss David Warner's mental health.

Therefore, I will not comment on his accusation that Root was being racist.

My dog has just pissed on someone's bag (under a table), but they have yet to notice. I'm mulling over whether to tell them or just leave it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's telling that Stokes will punch a homophobe but not a racist. Shows where his priorities lie.
Yeah, clearly not a very open-minded or tolerant bloke if he's not prepared to distribute his cowardly violence evenly tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, clearly not a very open-minded or tolerant bloke if he's not prepared to distribute his cowardly violence evenly tbh.
Precisely

Not to mention the double standards at play. It's this kind of boy's-club nepotism that's hurting English cricket right now IMO

Uppercut

I don't think the Stokes stuff has stuck to the team as a whole the way it stuck to the English rugby team after 2011. Their most famous players are still more posh****s than chav****s, and guys like Moeen make it hard to nail on a "pack of drunken yobs" story.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To some extent I still think things like the Fredalo incident and Panesar urinating on people in public stick in peoples' minds tbh.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a good job we have Moeen - the management should bar everyone except him Cook and Root from talking in public

burr

State Vice-Captain
We're not allowed allowed to discuss David Warner's mental health.

Therefore, I will not comment on his accusation that Root was being racist.

My dog has just pissed on someone's bag (under a table), but they have yet to notice. I'm mulling over whether to tell them or just leave it.
Cow is like a novel. You have to have read the previous chapters to appreciate the next one. :laugh:

Daemon

The others must be jealous of how much attention Moeen gets from the social media team.