• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If it hadn't been the mighty whites I'd have struggled to keep my eyes open. One of the worst games ever tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Notts County's performance was the scummiest display I've ever seen at any level. Players collapsing to the floor literally every five minutes. Elbows flaying, boots all over the show. The penalty was a farce too but am prepared to let that go as they were one up last time before it got abandoned.

I mean I should probably expect it from a team managed by Martin Allen and featuring Lee Hughes but FMD what a disgrace.

To cap it all, we had sixteen shots, they had two and we contrived to lose. Still feel sick about it now.

Really hope they go down after the way they played last night.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, lots of interesting results in our league today, hard to talk about Oldham, without being insulting to Dav. Worst team I've seen in our two years in the division, is such an harsh verdict, yet...

Will do the tables when less sun-****ed.

grecian

Code:
              P W D L F  A  P
Hartlepool   12 7 3 2 19 14 24
Oldham       12 6 3 3 22 15 21
Brentford    12 6 3 3 19 14 21
Colchester   12 4 4 4 17 14 16 
Tranmere     11 3 3 5  9 12 12
Exeter       10 2 4 4 16 22 10
Plymouth     11 2 1 8  9 18  7
and that's pretty much it, apart from squabbling over minor places. Well done Chalky, so far the only winner of this comp:)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
After studying form and remaining fixtures I concede that we're not going to win this. On the wider front of the actual league table there's a rather bizarre optimism growing amongst the Green Army that we might escape relegation. What's actually happening is the footballing Gods peeing in their pants by allowing us to eek out just enough points to ensure that we're not mathematically relegated until being beaten at Exeter. There is a sort of karma involved. The last time we were both in the same division (Division 4) in 2002 we beat Exeter 3-0 on our way to the title and the chants of "Chitty (that might have began with S) we'll never play you again" rang around Home Park. 18 months later we were in the Championship and Exeter in the Conference. I still knew that one day those chants would bite us on the arse and that day is now nigh. I'm fully expecting Torquay to go up via the Play-Offs to round off the season perfectly with the Greens as Devon's bottom club. I don't expect Exeter to be promoted but it wouldn't totally surprise me if they were.
Still, it's been nice weather in Devon so never mind.

grecian

After studying form and remaining fixtures I concede that we're not going to win this. On the wider front of the actual league table there's a rather bizarre optimism growing amongst the Green Army that we might escape relegation. What's actually happening is the footballing Gods peeing in their pants by allowing us to eek out just enough points to ensure that we're not mathematically relegated until being beaten at Exeter. There is a sort of karma involved. The last time we were both in the same division (Division 4) in 2002 we beat Exeter 3-0 on our way to the title and the chants of "Chitty (that might have began with S) we'll never play you again" rang around Home Park. 18 months later we were in the Championship and Exeter in the Conference. I still knew that one day those chants would bite us on the arse and that day is now nigh. I'm fully expecting Torquay to go up via the Play-Offs to round off the season perfectly with the Greens as Devon's bottom club. I don't expect Exeter to be promoted but it wouldn't totally surprise me if they were.
Still, it's been nice weather in Devon so never mind.

Yes, those chants were rather annoying, and will always bite you on the arse, I will be singing them next week though, as like most fans, we never learn from others mistakes.

It was understandable you singing it, but when Cambridge sang it to us in one of our last matches in the league back before the Trust and Tisdale, that just seemed pointless, and silly. So beating them in the P-Os and watching their struggles since has been rather satisfying, and a great bit of karma.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My second ever football match was the mighty whites at home to Cambridge, Dion Dublin was playing for them, they beat us 2-1 and looked awesome. They bottled promotion and would have been Prem founders. The next season they went down and they've been **** ever since IIRC. Remember playing them in our first season back in div 3, they had their keeper sent off in the first minute and we still had Koumas. It was bloody brutal. In a good way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, can safely say now that the founder members of this competition will all still be present in it next season. And LT's lot might make the cut just yet.

flibberyjibber is a Shrewsbury fan so he might get to join next season too

fredfertang

When I were nobbut a nipper amongst t' dark satanic mills I was a North End supporter - does that make me eligible?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
'Fraid not. You'll have to keep your fingers crossed that things go **** up at Reading one of these days if you want to join in all this fun :ph34r:

fredfertang

:( at least another 12 months then - 24 if we get out of the play-offs - I miss all the yoyoing between the bottom two divisions

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Haha - typical City.

No point jibbing things unless you jib them in style, is there? Assume we were crap/our keeper smelt horrendous (etc)

Won't be touching Exeweb for a few days...

grecian

Code:
              P W D L F  A  P
Tranmere     12 4 3 5  13 12 15
Exeter       12 3 4 5 20 23 13
Plymouth     12 2 1 9  9 19  7

Final table, and slightly bizarre how my and Neils team last year punched above our weight in this comp, but this year we look to be the top team in reality, but have struggled here.

I'm a little depressed we didn't send the slime down, but this is still the greatest day in football in the last few decades for me.

If that's sad, I will cop myself as sad.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
              P W D L F  A  P
Tranmere     12 4 3 5  13 12 15
Exeter       12 3 4 5 20 23 13
Plymouth     12 2 1 9  9 19  7

Final table, and slightly bizarre how my and Neils team last year punched above our weight in this comp, but this year we look to be the top team in reality, but have struggled here.

I'm a little depressed we didn't send the slime down, but this is still the greatest day in football in the last few decades for me.

If that's sad, I will cop myself as sad.
:laugh: Perhaps written with a few beers having been consumed rather than based entirely on reality? Extraordinary performance from the Greens today given what was at stake. I'd like to have had the Sky statsometer at work on this game - I bet it would never have recorded a team with zero possession before.

It's not quite over as we have two home games left - Southampton on Monday and Orient next Saturday. We have to win both and hope that Dagenham lose at Peterborough and Walsall lose at Southampton - the other two losing are quite probable but our two wins unlikely.

Anyway on the plus side I've never been to Crawley or Fleetwood so next season could be vintage.

grecian

Welll Heres the BBC stat' and I'd say that was pretty fair, certainly for the first half, should of been about 3-0 up then. You did better in the second half, but you were still a bit **** in front of goal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're finishing strongly. If this proposed takeover goes ahead, maybe we can actually have an interesting season next year.