• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That'll explain your absence from the Ashes forum as well presumably?

Hopre you're feeling better I guess, ****
yep, and I've watched 90% of it too, as I haven't slept much. Still anti-biotics sorting me out, so I'll be back to annoying everybody soon:)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The players of PAFC weren't paid this month - a sort of Instant Karma I think given their performances.

We spent the whole summer installing a new state of the art pitch at the cost of £600,000 and now can't pay for it. A total of £700,000 has to paid by the end of the week or the club will be wound up. I expect the club to survive even if it means administration and a points deduction. This has to be the best example of mismanagement in the history of football. Usually a club gets in this sort of mess by trying to speculate to accumulate - like Leeds for example - or by failing to gain success on the field. In our case we had five years of relative success with two promotions and a FA Cup quarter-final. This wasn't done by spending big money, but by having a manager (Paul Sturrock) who quickly sussed out how to win matches in the lower divisions. Unfortunately the same manager returned and equally quickly showed he didn't have a clue in the Championship. All the fans knew he was bringing in players on big contracts who were barely League One standard and the relegation and struggle again this season has proved it.
A fairly comical side note on the new pitch is that they were advised that undersoil heating wasn't necessary because of the milder Devon climate. If the cold snap continues the money spinner against Exeter on the 11th doesn't have a prayer of taking place. Though to give them the benefit of the doubt they haven't been working on the pitch as there's no match until the 11th. Presumably when there's a match coming up they'll thaw it out and cover it and work around the clock to keep it playable.

grecian

The Grecians slaughter of the plastic scousers is postponed, feel sorry for those that travelled, should of been called off yesterday.

need to sleep........

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah well, not 2pm which happened a couple of years ago when we were playing Colchester

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
According to the forecast Plymouth is set for a thaw Friday into Saturday so the Devon derby has a good chance of surviving the freeze. That's always assuming that the Greens avoid being wound up in the high court today.:)

Pothas

Another great away win for the Bees. Very strange season this, have played some horrible stuff but into the top half now and only two points away from the play-offs.

grecian

**** football, **** life, **** cheating officals, **** cornwall, **** everything, **** this comp:mad:

Last edited:

grecian

****ing doctor said the ****ing inside of my ****ing ear was green today, ****ing taking the piss:@

grecian

Code:
            P W D L F   A  P
Brentford   6 4 1 1 12  6 13
Oldham      5 3 2 0 12  7 11
Colchester  6 2 3 1  9  8  9
Hartlepool  5 2 2 1  6  6  7
Exeter      5 1 2 2 10 13  5
Plymouth    6 1 1 4  6  8  4 
Tranmere    5 1 0 4  3  9  3
Okay, stopped sulking, and been to the hospital, it hurt. So here's the new table.

Looks like me and Pothas have a fight to go to wembley, our second leg will be our first game at home in the comp. Could Sky please put one of the legs on the box. 2 and a half years of League football, and one live match. Brentford must have been on about 20 times with similar results. You'd almost think Sky prefer filming in London.

edit: looks like the match at brentford is on the telly quelle suprise.

Last edited:

Pothas

Nah its just cause we are awesome.

Anyway there is no point in actually playing two legs, may as well save ourselves two dire games and just have us winning on penalties.

grecian

Nah its just cause we are awesome.

Anyway there is no point in actually playing two legs, may as well save ourselves two dire games and just have us winning on penalties.
Hey we scored 5 pens out of five against Rovers, probably the only time we've done that. Ryan Harley's made me squeee. Gawd knows what we're going to do without him, best player I've seen play for us in my over 30 years of watching them.

chalky

International Debutant
Kin hell beat Huddersfield away today only 1 point off the play offs had us nailed on relegation fodder at the start of the season pleasantly suprised.

Pothas

Sounds like we were **** today but we are somehow 2 points off the play-offs and 3 points off seconds with games in hand over most above us.