• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diminishing Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
@ankitj for the first pick.

All are open rounds. So, you are free to pick a batsman/bowler based on who you think will get exhausted first. You need to pick 6 batsmen in diminishing order of runs and 4 bowlers in diminishing order of wickets. For the 11th player, you are free to choose either a batsman at lower runs or bowler at lower wickets than your previous pick to form your final team. Keeper to be chosen within the batsmen criteria.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm. Would have liked to be 2nd or 3rd in first round. Now so much pressure!

Is Bradman allowed?
No. Bradman is excluded. I actually wanted to include at first but general consensus indicates that a Bradman team will be all-powerful.

Hence, no Bradman for this draft.

shortpitched713

International Captain
@ankitj for the first pick.

All are open rounds. So, you are free to pick a batsman/bowler based on who you think will get exhausted first. You need to pick 6 batsmen in diminishing order of runs and 4 bowlers in diminishing order of wickets. For the 11th player, you are free to choose either a batsman at lower runs or bowler at lower wickets than your previous pick to form your final team. Keeper to be chosen within the batsmen criteria.
If I choose an all-rounder with my 11th pick, can I choose which criteria suit me? I.e. if I choose a bowling allrounder with more wickets than my 4th bowler based on him having less runs than my 6th batsman? Or vice versa a batting allrounder with more runs than my 6th batsman, based on him having less wickets than my 4th bowler?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If I choose an all-rounder with my 11th pick, can I choose which criteria suit me? I.e. if I choose a bowling allrounder with more wickets than my 4th bowler based on him having less runs than my 6th batsman? Or vice versa a batting allrounder with more runs than my 6th batsman, based on him having less wickets than my 4th bowler?
That's one way to get around it. But yes, as of now, I couldn't think of a solution to it.

So, you can do both of the all-rounder picks that you have mentioned.