• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
well said

AUST_HiTMaN said:
Lol, and i'm still waiting for a 5 wicket haul.... Patience is the key...
:) well said austin very well said..... and to continue im waiting for my 100 :) add 5 wicket haul...but more than that im waiting for the teams 5d win :(

David

International 12th Man
Ahh, seems I've been dropped from not only the one dayers but now the 5 dayers too, well, I guess injury can do that to a career

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
25-05-04

Cricket Web Red 296 & 315/8d
England 'A' 144 & 206

Cricket Web Red won by 261 runs

Man of the match: Zaid Ghansar

Coach's Comments:
The stars may have returned, but its the other players who can take a bow for a fantastic victory. The first innings batting was solid but nothing else, Eyes Only getting a fifty and Pratyush getting his second FC fifty. Bowling, Mr Wright's presence really lifted the troups and Muhaffy and Ghansar managed the major damage. Leading by 152 on 1st innings, the 2nd knock was almost a disaster, the score slipping to a dismal 75/6 when Ghansar and Muhaffy tumbled the record book and batted on an on. Muhaffy just missed his century, but Ghansar brought up his maiden hundred immediately before the declaration, never more deserved or necessary. The second innings bowling was once again superb, but a rain delay of an hour looked like it may have sneaked the game away from the Reds... then Dave returned. Bowling at full pace and swinging the ball profusely, Dave put in an amazing performance to knock the tail over just 13 balls before the end of the 5th day. Big win.
---
New Zealand 'A' 483/8d & 172/3d
Cricket Web Blue 284 & 375/4

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: StUEy

Coach's Comments:
Well I really didn't think the Blues had it in them. To win, yes, but to chase down 373 runs to win ( ! ), that's another matter entirely! Needless to say, the bowling wasn't flash, with only Halsey looking anything near dangerous aside from Broadbent in the second innings. Still, it was with the bat where the heroics came. Starts all 'round in the first innings, but when the pressure was on, the batsmen truly performed. A record opening stand between StUEy and Fisher laid the table and then good knocks from Jamee999 and Buts brought it near, before a Jellett cameo took it home. Great win!
---
Zimbabwe XI 365 & 346/6
Cricket Web Green 487

Cricket Web Green draw with Zimbabwe XI

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Coach's Comments:
3 games, 3 records! A record partnership between Jason Toogood and Age Master in this one to place the Greens in control. A pity that the bowling was loose and ineffective. Only Master Blaster (and Sanz to a lesser extent) looked to be bowling well enough to take wickets. Battingwise things were good. The star knock came from Toogood, however, scoring a century after a brief draught. Not a win, but better than a defeat.
---
Veterans XI 203 & 198
India A 280 & 122/3

India A won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: A Mishra
---
South Africa 'A' 436 & 208/7d
Australia 'A' 273 & 260

South Africa 'A' won by 111 runs

Man of the match: JC Kent

Attachments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
dissapointing effort by the bowlers there, solid batting though which was very very pleasing - a game we really should have won though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to get back to a full bowl. Really good to see the lower order of the Reds holding their own, it took alot of the pressure off the bowlers. Look to have a nice new ball combination with Dave.

Good win boys.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disappointed with my performance.Need to do double net sessions now to return to form.A win the OD puts in for a good chance at first if the other teams fail.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY WE WIN AND I CONTRIBUTE TO A WINNING CAUSE......YESSSSSSSSSS GO Reds!!!

My MAIDEN TEST CENTURY remember i was joking about waiting for it before the match :)

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
yea my contrubution was alright, but i think everyone contributed which was great, still on top of the od table, with 2 wins in hand, and moving up the 5day table

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
thta is a great win by the reds, and what makes it an even bigger win , it was not the internationals did that did all the main scoring.

great work. (i think i also passed 2000 dev runs woohoooo :D )

go the reds

DJellett

International Debutant
30 and 21* = DJellett back in form!
Plus some big ones in the last couple of games.
I've become a strict 4 day player...
Maybe I could score my first 100 soonish...
Stuey and Buttsy continue awesome form