• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Decade/Country test draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
decided i'd generate 5 random orders so we can know the whole draft order straight away

Round 1:

Shri
kingkallis
JOJOXI
Coronis
Line and Length
AndrewB
Red Hill
mr_mister
honestbharani
Teuton
morgieb
fuller pilch
ataraxia
trundler

Round 3:

morgieb
Coronis
Teuton
JOJOXI
Red Hill
AndrewB
ataraxia
mr_mister
Shri
fuller pilch
trundler
kingkallis
Line and Length
honestbharani

Round 5:

ataraxia
Teuton
kingkallis
JOJOXI
trundler
Red Hill
fuller pilch
Coronis
Line and Length
honestbharani
Shri
mr_mister
AndrewB
morgieb

Round 7:

fuller pilch
mr_mister
kingkallis
trundler
honestbharani
JOJOXI
ataraxia
Red Hill
Teuton
Coronis
AndrewB
Line and Length
morgieb
Shri

Round 9:

Line and Length
kingkallis
AndrewB
Shri
ataraxia
Red Hill
trundler
Teuton
mr_mister
Coronis
fuller pilch
morgieb
honestbharani
JOJOXI

and of course it's random/reverse (old school) order.

16 hours for the first round picks then 8 hours for round 2 onwards

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I think KingKallis has timed out but hoping this would not have been his pick anyway - Muttiah Muralitharan (SL, 1990s)

AndrewB

Having 11 different test countries and 11 different decades represented I think would be a little too hard so I'll have mercy.
That would actually have been a lot more restrictive than I'd initially realised - everyone would have to pick an Afghani or Irish player from the 2010s, a Bangladeshi player from the 2000s, a Zimbabwean from the 1990s* and a Sri Lankan from the 1980s. The India, Pakistan, West Indies and New Zealand players would all be from the 30s/40s/50s/60s/70s, so at least two of the England/Australia/South Africa players would have to be from the 1920s or earlier.

If you waited until an Irish/Afghani debutant from the 2020s, that would at least allow a bit more leeway.

*I suppose one player could be devious and claim that John Traicos represented Zimbabwe and debuted in the 1970s.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
A couple of obvious picks gone. I'll take Shane Warne (Aust '90s) on the grounds that quality pacemen and batsmen are in greater abundance than spinners. Coronis covered all 3 categories with Sobers.

JOJOXI

Question: Do we have to have selected from 8 countries and 8 decades before we can double up in our other 3 selections?
Will see what the definitive answer is on this but I perceived it as just needing 8 decades and 8 countries at the very end of the draft.