• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

david warner v matthew hayden

David "Best in the World" Warner v Matthew "afraid of fast bowlers" Hayden

• David Warner

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Matthew Hayden

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Agree. Warner will be an ATG opener by the time he's done.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah too soon......

Haydos averaged over 50 after 100+ tests.........Gravey's got some miles to go yet before he can be compared. On current form though you'd back him to do it.

Nod to Warner in the **** stakes though.

U19 12th Man
People were bagging warner out for years calling him a slogger and fraud with the bat. Talent was always obvious, and always better batting temperament than people gave credit for.

Maxwell has similar talent but none of the temperament at this stage.

As for the question, I'm backing Warner. very, very good.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
**** Sehwag, this is about LH Aust openers, not flat track bullies (oh hang on it is about Haydos)

Warner has creamed the best in the world. Just a gun. Pretty much equally adept at playing pace or spin. And has made runs on tough wickets.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As good as Warner's purple patch is at the moment, can't see him being as feared as Hayden was (words I thought I'd never say).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, this is a non-comparison at this stage.

Forget Hayden, Warner is years away from catching Justin Langer.

Top_Cat

Hayden was hardly feared at the same age; he was too busy playing for Queensland.
Hence why I thought I'd never say that; before he was picked in '00, I'd written him off. Safe to say he kicked on.

EDIT: Which is obviously a lesson in writing blokes off too early.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Thing about Davey is that he is pretty good against the moving ball and i'd say that he has already dominated better bowlers.Hayden is obviously the greater cricketer right now but given how complete warner's game is right now especially with regards to playing spin,there aren't many places in the world that he would struggle to score.Definitely back him to go pass hayden once he is done

Spikey

Matthew Hayden AM @HaydosTweets · 19h 19 hours ago
What u think spl abt city chennai :) & have u tasted dossai :)the people! yes I love dossai with Raman and coconut chutney and mint yoghurt

cnerd123

likes this
Picked Warner.

Having watched both batsmen smash hapless Indian bowlers around, I feel a lot more hopeless when Warner is batting than I did with Hayden. Atleast with Hayden you knew he'd eventually **** up the sweep shot against the spinners, and his technique wasn't great so he could nick off or be caught LBW against the new ball. Warner is just so solid and correct and hits the ball sweetly and has shots everywhere.