• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Development League

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: YAY!

gibbsnsmith said:
what no:shirt will i be wearing?
how much do we get payed?
can i give harmless info to bookies for a bit of extra cash?
No shirt until you get in the side. Then an irrelevant number until you prove yourself :).
Nothing, at all.
No, unless you want the combined wrath of Reuben, Rich and Liam wreaked upon yourself. Rich isn't scary, Liam couldn't hurt a fly with a surgical two-by-four but Reuben is likely to go off on an expletive-posting spree that won't end for several days.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'll have to wait until next season for any playing time but your application will not be ignored.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i was wondering, if we have 22 players ready, then i think itd be a good idea when this season is over to have matches between the main XI of the DEVS and 11 others who are on the fringes and have just signed up , to play 3x5D and 5x1D, the best of all of the lot shold be divided int a DEV XI and DEV 'A'...ofcourse if someone who has been good throughout this season but is lacking in form only in this 'trials' will have a magical defense keeping him in the first XI.

Mr Mxyzptlk

We had already planned to do this (but with 3 Tests and 3 ODI's), but thanks for the suggestion anyway. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

They will be played at the end of the season, after the allstar festivities. That will be about 2 weeks time.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
woohoo cant wait to attempt to shine infront of the coaches etc. just hope i dont get dropped :O

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
bugssy, I like your self-propulsion and confidence, the fact of the matter is that you leapfrogged me by a mile, keep it going!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Originally posted by gibbsnsmith

Well, heres my updated one

oh yeah im RHB/RA MEDFAST

5D preferred batno:1,2,3
1d prefered bat no: 3,4,5

Summer 2003 Statistics

Batting
m-56 i-47 no-30 runs-1320 hs-107* 50s-12 100s-1 sr-74 avg-77.65

Bowling
o-151.4 m-32 runs-507 wkts-47 4/h- 3 5'h-0 bb- 4/7 econ-4.01 avg-12.91

oh yeah i play mostly in 25 over games but ive played in 20 and 30 over games as well.
I've moved your post into this thread, and I've deleted the other one.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I know I won't get to play until next season, but I'd still like to join:

Name: Samuel Vimes
Handedness: RHB
Keeper: N
Bowling: Non-existent
Batting: 1-4

Batting average: 28
Bowling Average: 99

This sounds like a really good concept...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Liam..

How many players is that now for next season uptil Samuel Vines ? + the players that are already registered

maybe we need 3 teams :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

I think we have probably around 25 or so (including sacked CWXI players) between the two teams, which is more than manageable.