• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of Pace Bowlers (Tests)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel like if Larwood can make the top 25 for 32/33 then Mitchell Johnson shouldn't be far away here for 13/14.

To be honest, I'm not even sure who the next Aussie in line should be between McDermott, McKenzie, Harris or Johnson, let alone adding other countries' bowlers to the mix.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like if Larwood can make the top 25 for 32/33 then Mitchell Johnson shouldn't be far away here for 13/14.

To be honest, I'm not even sure who the next Aussie in line should be between McDermott, McKenzie, Harris or Johnson, let alone adding other countries' bowlers to the mix.
Or Hazlewood

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

To me, it is definitely McDermott. Led the bowling attack admirably in the tough years.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We currently have a 3 way tie for the final spot on our list. I initially thought Shami had 3 votes but @CricAddict had voted for him twice (nice try). Voting closes in 24 hours so can we have some votes to break the Shami/Southee/McKenzie deadlock.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We now have sufficient votes to fill the 40th and final spot of our Pace bowlers.

Boult 1
McKenzie 3
Shami 3
Starc 1
Southee 5
Sharrma

I declare Tim Southee the 40th name on our list. I will shortly present a list with stats as I have done with batsmen and all-rounders.

The List
1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Glenn Mcgrath
3. Richard Hadlee
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Dale Steyn
6. Imran Khan
7. Dennis Lillee
8. Fred Trueman
9. Wasim Akram
10. Allan Donald
11. Joel Garner