• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's Ranking of Pace Bowlers (Tests)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We've had a week of voting and the tie has been well and truly broken.

The votes:
McKenzie 4
Harris 2
Thomson 7

I declare Thomson the 39th name on CW's list of Test Pace bowlers.

The List
1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Glenn Mcgrath
3. Richard Hadlee
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Dale Steyn
6. Imran Khan
7. Dennis Lillee
8. Fred Trueman
9. Wasim Akram
10. Allan Donald
11. Joel Garner
12. Ray Lindwall
13. Michael Holding
14. Waqar Younis
15. Alan Davidson
16. Shaun Pollock
17. Courtney Walsh
18. Andy Roberts
19. James Anderson
20. Pat Cummins
21. Keith Miller
22. Brian Statham
23. Bob Willis
24. Shoaib Akhtar
25. Harold Larwood
26. Ian Bishop
27. Neil Adcock
28. Wes Hall
29. Kagiso Rabada
30. Frank Tyson
31. Kapil Dev
32. John Snow
33. Jasprit Bumrah
34. Ian Botham
35. Stuart Broad
36. Peter Pollock
37. Neil Wagner
38. Jason Gillespie
39. Jeff Thomson

Voting is now open for the 40th (and final spot) on our list. I will then open a thread with the final list and relevant stats.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Boult Southee Bond Shami Umesh Ishant Zaheer Srinath Harris Damien Fleming Mcdermott Vaas Gough Sarfaraz Streak are some names from the top of my mind that are worth getting into the top 50.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Why not have 50 here as well like the batsmen list?
Two reasons.Firstly, voting (and interest) seems to have dwindled. Secondly, there are more batsmen in an average team than there are pace bowlers. We probably could have extended the list of batsmen for many more without too much effort but we need to draw a line somewhere.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Two reasons.Firstly, voting (and interest) seems to have dwindled. Secondly, there are more batsmen in an average team than there are pace bowlers. We probably could have extended the list of batsmen for many more without too much effort but we need to draw a line somewhere.
Yeah if the voters have lost interest, then yes, better to stop.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's all a bit patchy in terms of peaks, longevity and number of Tests etc. Harold Larwood somehow being 25th probably means all bets are off.

Anyway I'm sticking with McKenzie who should have been in many moons ago.