• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time - The Countdown (2017 Version)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Then you could have:

Marcus Trescothick
Tillekaratne Dilshan
Ross Taylor
Damian Martyn
Yuvraj Singh
Brad Haddin +
Chris Cairns
Chris Harris
Dan Vettori
Dale Steyn
Morne Morkel

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just went off the top of my head tbh. Didn't think of him.

Could replace either opener and I'd be happy.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Here's the figures posted (ranking, previous ranking, player, score, highest individual ranking)

1 (1) Viv Richards 666 (1st)
3 (2) Sachin Tendulkar 525 (1st)
8 (6) Michael Bevan 419 (1st)
9 (8) Muttiah Muralitharan 398 (1st)
18 (12) Brian Lara 159 (1st)
35 (39) Nathan Bracken 56 (1st)
Those are the only ones who got at least one vote at #1 rank. Fewer than I would have thought. Because Brandman did not play ODI cricket, there several players who have a claim to be considered the greatest ODI player ever. Interesting that Wasim Akram ranked #2 overall has not been ranked at #1 by anyone!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Those are the only ones who got at least one vote at #1 rank. Fewer than I would have thought. Because Brandman did not play ODI cricket, there several players who have a claim to be considered the greatest ODI player ever. Interesting that Wasim Akram ranked #2 overall has not been ranked at #1 by anyone!!

Is that what you call Sachin coz of his multiple endorsement deals? :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

You can be sure there was a lot of voters who jigged this voting. There was tactical omission of Sachin involved in one or two top 25s I am sure, same with Murali. That allows Wasim to get in, I feel as he might have been on everyone's list.