• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Draft (RESTARTED)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Dravid pick is sooo much better than the Harby one.
I'm trying to be more 'Stats-minded' when making these picks. Harby's got more wickets than most in the last couple of years, although his average has been slightly higher than his overall record. I don't have a good knowledge of domestic cricket though and I'm not sure how to use statsguru to see FC records, so Harby seemed like the most decent looking spinner left, despite the high SR.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm trying to be more 'Stats-minded' when making these picks. Harby's got more wickets than most in the last couple of years, although his average has been slightly higher than his overall record. I don't have a good knowledge of domestic cricket though and I'm not sure how to use statsguru to see FC records, so Harby seemed like the most decent looking spinner left, despite the high SR.
He might have been the best spinner left but I reckon their are plenty of spinners of about his quality you could pick up for many more rounds to come. The batting and in particular openers are going to drop off soon. True Quality seamers were gone by the first round.

Daemon

He might have been the best spinner left but I reckon their are plenty of spinners of about his quality you could pick up for many more rounds to come. The batting and in particular openers are going to drop off soon. True Quality seamers were gone by the first round.
Yeah we've taken care of most of the roles (opening bat/wk/spin/seam/middle order bat) at least. Need Flem to show up and come up with an awesome pick which no one has thought of :p

Daemon

Bored so Here goes

Marcuss

Jacques Kallis
Daniel Vettori
Simon Katich

Noble One

Sachin Tendulkar
Peter Siddle
Ajantha Mendis
Kemar Roach

Ginger Furball

Dale Steyn
Muttiah Muralitharan
Michael Hussey

GIMH

Jonathan Trott
Chris Tremlett
Adil Rashid

Cevno

Kumar Sangakkara
Mohammad Amir
Shivnarine Chanderpaul

Shri

Virender Sehwag
Shakib Al Hassan
Chris Woakes

Himanv

AB De Villers
VVS Laxman
Thilan Samaraweera

Spark

James Anderson
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke

Howe_zat

Graeme Swann
Mahela Jayawardene
Steven Finn

Samuel_Vimes

Alastair Cook
Stuart Broad
Brad Haddin

Teja

Zaheer Khan
Tamim Iqbal
Steve Davies
Imran Tahir

weeman27bob

Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Gautam Gambhir
Tilekeratne Dilshan

centurymaker/vcs

Morne Morkel
Mitchell Johnson
Kevin Pieterson

marc71178

Shane Watson
Matt Prior
Mark Ramprakash

Daemon/Flem274*

Mohammad Asif
Brendon McCullum
Harbhajan Singh
Rahul Dravid

Got_Spin

Hashim Amla
Doug Bollinger
Graeme Smith

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite happy with my picks thus far, Kallis and Vettori mean that I can balance my team stupidly well. Plus Katich sorts out the 6th bowler/2nd spinner issue as well.

Himannv

International Coach
:laugh: Yeah I'd spotted that no one had picked Dravid in three rounds and was hoping he'd get to me before someone snatched him up. Shame, shame
Was hoping he would drop down to me as well. Would have given me a top batting order. Forgot about him a bit earlier though.

Spark

Global Moderator
I like my team thus far tbh. Readily admit to it nowhere near being the strongest team at all, but I like it nonetheless.

Daemon

Should I create a seperate thread with the squads? Will be more useful when each team has >5 players at least.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This is what you need to write > [ spoiler="You should use spoilers instead - click meh?" ] and [ /spoiler]

Player
Player
Player

Teja.

Global Moderator
Very happy with my team too though it lacks the star power some other teams have. Zak and Tamim are coming off extremely good test seasons. Steve has averaged 57 last season in the County Championship along with sorting out the two trickiest draft selection problems, keeper and opening batsman. Tahir has been in ravishing FC form as well and looks ***eh tstl.