• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Decides The XI of the Decade

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson is less complete a bowler than Cummins and Rabada, so I don't think it's wrong to leave him out either.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rabada averages 19 in SA and 30 away so he has the same home-away disparity as Jimmy, but with far fewer wickets.

trundler

We'll probably scoff at anyone who mentions Anderson alongside Sir Patrick in 5 years though.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Stunned at how many people selected Azhar when I think only one picked Smith.

I know he didn't play the full decade but he still played 38 Tests and averaged 45ish with 9 centuries and 12 50s.

Anyway, Steyn and Anderson.

Burgey

Yeah has to be Steyn and Anderson imo. Discussion over third quick probably more contentious and interesting. Some very good candidates there.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Steyn and Anderson, yeah? Time to move on.
Says it all really.

Cook
Warner

Steyn
Anderson

Think we’ll do the middle order now, should be the most straightforward of the remaining positions.

Hashim Amla | AB de Villiers | Virat Kohli | Cheteshwar Pujara | Joe Root | Kumar Sangakkara | Steve Smith | Ross Taylor | Kane Williamson | Younis Khan

note: one of these players may also end up being selected at 6, or even 7 later. Pick your 3, 4 and 5.