• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm, doesn't seem fair, especially as I didn't post it here right away. Are the group rounds starting next week? If not, can we have the match then?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Are the group rounds starting next week?
Yeah, they are.

It's not an ideal situation, but Majin was supposed to be at home and thus challenge, and he's not done anything about it. The alternative is a double forfeit, in which you go through on net run rate anyway.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, they are.

It's not an ideal situation, but Majin was supposed to be at home and thus challenge, and he's not done anything about it. The alternative is a double forfeit, in which you go through on net run rate anyway.
Honestly In didn't know I was supposed to be at home this week either...Lucky the other guy did

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Honestly In didn't know I was supposed to be at home this week either...Lucky the other guy did
Yeah, I know I was late in setting the fixtures, and I apologise. But I can't undo that, nor can I magic another week into the BT calendar to sort this out.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 32: 186-1, runrate=5.81
Bridges m 6-0-39-0
Mclean* 69 (79 balls)
Kepler 99 (98 balls)

Last Wicket: Caldwell b. Tudgay 6 (FOW: 25/1)

Kepler plays another sterling innings for The Heath after Caldwell failed this time around. Good support from Mclean who after a slightly ropey start, is developing into a very useful player and captain for us.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 32: 186-1, runrate=5.81
Bridges m 6-0-39-0
Mclean* 69 (79 balls)
Kepler 99 (98 balls)

Last Wicket: Caldwell b. Tudgay 6 (FOW: 25/1)

Kepler plays another sterling innings for The Heath after Caldwell failed this time around. Good support from Mclean who after a slightly ropey start, is developing into a very useful player and captain for us.
Is Read playing? :D

EDIT: Read's playing!!!!!!! :D :D Not going to get a bat, mind.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Read played last week I think and got a bat.
Yeah, he made an excellent 5* from 6 balls, whilst the rest of the side folded around him, sliding from 271/3 to 278/9. An epic performance, and one that bodes well for the future. He also took a catch. WAG.

Edit: Bah, Kepler gone for 114 (107), which has sent Read scurrying into the depths of the pavilion to find his pads. Kepler now has exacty 1,000 runs in friendlies, from 22 innings'.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Extremely saddened and disappointed that anyone would think I didn't know how Read went. We still talk. Lots. Difference this time is I'm here LIVE.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 43: 215-10, runrate=5.00
Ross 7-2-19-6
Lock* 1 (1 balls)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Extremely saddened and disappointed that anyone would think I didn't know how Read went. We still talk. Lots. Difference this time is I'm here LIVE.
And sure enough he gets a bat! And he's made a blinding start as well. Three boundaries in his first seven balls.

headhunter

BEST Indies v Coco's Nuts

We can tell you that Coco's Nuts won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking slow and low. Tough for everyone. Could be a low scoring match on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 3: 20-2, runrate=6.67, reqrunrate=4.17 (215-10)
Mabudafhasi 2-0-8-1
Oakes* 8 (8 balls)
Fordham 12 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Khotso Run Out 0 (FOW: 5/2)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
End of Over 50: 333-5, runrate=6.66
Jongikhaya 10-0-62-2
Knight* 30 (24 balls)
Hamed 5 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Read lbw b. Jongikhaya 35 (FOW: 327/5)

A great little cameo from Read, along with another excellent stand between Kepler (114) and Mclean (97) sees us to a good total. Hopefully we can win well and finish top of the group :)

headhunter

End of Over 11: 58-2, runrate=5.27, reqrunrate=4.05 (215-10)
Hartburn 1-0-10-0
Fordham* 26 (31 balls)
Oakes 31 (34 balls)

Last Wicket: Khotso Run Out 0 (FOW: 5/2)

50 up, nice partnership building here. (Y)