• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tamil Eelam whittled out for 267, meaning that Swamibapa Leeds are eliminated.

Group A:

00.30: caves_beachcc (194 ao, 48) lost to Male Models (198/3, 33.2) by seven wickets
10.30: The Heath CC (278/9, 50) beat Tamil Eelam CC (267 ao, 49.2) by 11 runs
10.30: Swamibapa Leeds CC (313/6, 50) beat Leverock CC (68 ao, 18) by 245 runs

Code:
Team               W-L Pt NRR
The Heath CC       3-1  6 +2.54
Tamil Eelam CC     3-1  6 +1.52
Male Models        3-1  6 +0.89
-------------------------------
caves_beachcc      2-2  4 -0.75
Swamibapa Leeds CC 1-3  2 +0.01 E
Leverock CC        0-4  0 -4.07 E
caves_beach remain with a theoretical chance, but need to beat Tamil Eelam by about 210 runs or blaze to a six-over win to qualify (or one of two unlikely events: Male Models lose or The Heath lose very heavily). Tamil Eelam, Male Models, and The Heath all confirm their spots with wins next Sunday.

Group B:

00.30: oz fans XI (272/8, 50) lost to Saggers Mob (273/3, 46.4) by seven wickets
10.30: BEST Indies (89/1, 15.2) beat Guttedball (88 ao, 28.4) by nine wickets
Fishs XI forfeit to Coco's Nuts

Updated table:

Code:
Team               W-L Pt NRR
BEST Indies        4-0  8 +2.20 Q
Coco's Nuts        4-0  8 +1.28 Q
Saggers Mob        2-2  4 -0.01
-------------------------------
Guttedball         2-2  4 -0.15
Fishs XI           0-3  0 -1.33 E
oz fans XI         0-3  0 -2.39 E
Saggers Mob face Guttedball in the final game, a play-off for the third spot and a place in Group F with Asterix and Anchormen (a mixed pleasure, no doubt). BEST Indies qualify with today's win, can at worst finish second, and thus join group D along with Gurgitaters, Beard and Citizens Erased.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Saggers Mob v Guttedball going to be tense.

Going to got some smackings no matter what group I end up in.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Really happy with that win, awesome performances from McLean, Caldwell and Turner. 'Tis rare for us to win tight games like this without Kepler or Woods doing much.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am buckleys i feel, i will play my best xi but i dont think it will be enough. so when we dong go through are we going to do an eliminators cup or what guys!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
by the way which is the tougher of the 2 groups or is it very evenily spread out. has been fun whilst it has lasted.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Will finish last in my group. Gah. Will be playing full strength anyhow. :)
all the teams that get knocked out do we want to have a little cup whilst the other big boys continue there season 9 league.

caves beach cc will be in on it!

nibbs

International Captain
probably worth noting, whenuapai's bowling attack is presently full of holes. if these aren't sorted soon, my hopes of regaining cricketweb supremacy, or at least inflicting revenge on that asshole chaminda, will be severely dented.