• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (season 13)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
This week's fixtures:

Group A: Leverock CC (6550) vs Connells Estates CC (384)
Winner qualifies.

Group B: Coco's Nuts (6533) vs Cymru Gurgitators (3688)
Cymru needs a win with +1.56 NRR to go through, at Coco's expense. Any less and they stay bottom on NRR.

Group C: Dee Crew (11217) vs Magical Ponies (5409)
To progress, Dee Crew need to hand Magical Ponies a fairly big beating.

Group D: Tawonga Tigers (4929) vs Alternative XI (4412)
A Tawonga win, unless it's an absolute kicking, should see them through at Central Districts' expense.

Again, home team challenges, challenge to be made by midnight on Thursday (BT-England time), as it's late on Tuesday already.

Whenuapai and Withington have qualified, while Alternative XI would have to suffer an absolute thrashing to avoid making it through.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I'll make the QF draw after the last batch of games -- it'll be the 1st placed teams in one pot, the 2nd placed ones in another, with teams from the same group being prohibited from playing each other. 1st placed teams will get home advantage.

SFs will be winners of QF1 vs winners of QF2 and QF3 vs QF4. To spice it up a little, lower-ranked teams will get home advantage. Same for the final.

Knowing my luck, I'll get Whenuapai next round.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bizarrely i can still qualify....i won't, but it's an unexpected pleasant feeling.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Last edited:

Son Of Coco

At the halfway point:

Cymru Gurgitators: 332/2 (Greening 196*, Noon 106*)

At least Greening took pity on us in the last over and took 2 singles to stay under 200.

I don't have to worry about getting within 1.whatever it was of that :sleep:

Son Of Coco

Not sure if anyone will answer this before the end of the game, but am I correct in thinking we have to pass 254 to get through? If I am then we're 1/2 a chance...

HeathDavisSpeed

Gave Leverock CC a decent beating. Batty took 4.3 - 0 - 4 - 5 to tear out the Leverock tail.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

And that's the end of the match. Cymru Gurgitaters won by 41 runs.
Cymru Gurgitaters 332-2
Coco's Nuts 291-3

Pretty happy with that as I think we still get through and I never expected us to score that total.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Not sure if anyone will answer this before the end of the game, but am I correct in thinking we have to pass 254 to get through? If I am then we're 1/2 a chance...
Quite correct, and you're through!

I'll write more later, but the final standings are:

Code:
[B]Group A	               	[/B]W	T	L	Pts	 NRR
ASC Whenuapai   	2	0	0	4	 11.44
Connells Estates CC	1	0	1	2	- 0.92
Leverock CC     	0	0	2	0	-10.52

[B]Group B                	[/B]W	T	L	Pts	 NRR
Jaffna Jets     	1	0	1	2	 1.00
Coco's Nuts     	1	0	1	2	 0.24
Cymru Gurgitators	1	0	1	2	-1.24

[B]Group C     [/B]           	W	T	L	Pts	 NRR
Magical Ponies     	2	0	0	4	 6.09
Withington Wonderers	1	0	1	2	 2.44
Dee Crew          	0	0	2	0	-8.53

[B]Group D	[/B]		W	T	L	Pts	 NRR
Alternative XI      	2	0	0	4	 6.62
Central Districts	1	0	1	2	-3.65
Tawonga Tigers     	0	0	2	0	-2.97
Only one really tight group, that sees Trev making a surprise exit from the competition. QF draw to follow...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
QF draw:
Code:
c1	b2	Magical Ponies	vs	Coco's Nuts
b1	c2	Jaffna Jets	vs	Withington Wonderers
a1	d2	ASC Whenuapai	vs	Central Districts
d1	a2	Alternative XI	vs	Connells Estates CC
Home team challenges -- just get 'em in ASAP!

nibbs

International Captain
Whenuapai are a very beatable side these days. We've got depth, but no boom players at the moment.