• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of 2007

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

silentstriker 8,000
Matteh 7,000
adharcric 6,000
PhoenixFire 2,000

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative. And thanks also to Marc for doing the awards for the last couple of weeks, perfomed grandly. Will things quieten down now the Ashes are over? Only time will tell

Just the Greigy to go in the annual awards, should be up soon

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey, Sobers or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Warne or Bradman awards this week, please let nightprowler10 know, you can contact him at usmangreat@hotmail.com

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Nnanden for this click here A well written post, it should be remembered that most fans on CW do not wish harm to the umpires when they make abusive remarks in the heat of the moment after a poor decision, it’s merely a way of letting off steam and frustration. Anyone who has ever stood as an umpire will realise what a tough job it can be.

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is James90 for this click here , it seems I almost won the Warney this week, but in the end the better thread takes the title. Maybe law changes would be a good subject for the live chat

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Jono click here I predicted he would be Aust. Best bowler during the Ashes battles :laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Silent Striker , Averaging around a thousand posts a week, and visits just about every thread on CW:wacko:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: adharcric click here This is a cruel award, I thought they were in the box seat after the first innings

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Matteh for this click here How can they not save the game and not lose?

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Matt79 , Top stuff this week, all quality posts (well almost) :happy:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Dravid for this click here Dravid did not submit his nominations this week, so here is an award for being naughty :@ :)

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Evermind A new poster, who has started off well with some good posts in the SA V India thread

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: We enjoyed the debate generated by the long wait after Jaffer’s dismissal in the Cape Town Test

***NEW*** - Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: Will Scarlet for this click here I tend to agree with WS on this one; batters indeed:huh:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

adharcric

International Coach
archie mac said:
Anyone who has ever stood as an umpire will realise what a tough job it can be.
Definitely.
archie mac said:
The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Silent Striker , Averaging around a thousand posts a week, and visits just about every thread on CW:wacko:
Well done SS, you freak of nature. :cool:
archie mac said:
Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: adharcric click here This is a cruel award, I thought they were in the box seat after the first innings
That wasn't even a prediction. Oh well, I'll take whatever I can get. :unsure:

luffy

International Captain
once again mises out:(.....the day i get another award!!
Jeez mate, you've had 668 posts and lucky to have one. I've had 994 and still have'nt got one.... Not that i deserve one.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Urgh damn. I was going to email you but I forgot.

I wanted to let you know I won't be a part of team any longer because I'm going back to US that week and I probably won't be on CW as much as I am right now to hand out awards.

BTW my 4000 posts were missed this week and last week lol

archie mac

International Coach
Urgh damn. I was going to email you but I forgot.

I wanted to let you know I won't be a part of team any longer because I'm going back to US that week and I probably won't be on CW as much as I am right now to hand out awards.

BTW my 4000 posts were missed this week and last week lol
Thanks for letting us know, and all of your help with the awards:)

Position Vacant

Job Description

Pick some awards, no pay:cool:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm new to this forum but I want to convey my congrats to all the winners
I'm new to this forum and I just want to ask...(taking on the persona of SS if he was Australian) 'who have you got to root to get an award around here?' :laugh:

I should add that I mean 'root' in the ancient use of the word where cavemen used tree roots to weed out wanted prey for dinner, not that other offensive definition that seems to have found its way into Australian vernacular! I don't want to see anyone shocked.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I'm new to this forum and I just want to ask...(taking on the persona of SS if he was Australian) 'who have you got to root to get an award around here?' :laugh:

I should add that I mean 'root' in the ancient use of the word where cavemen used tree roots to weed out wanted prey for dinner, not that other offensive definition that seems to have found its way into Australian vernacular! I don't want to see anyone shocked.
:laugh:

Your a class act that's for sure.

shortpitched713

International Captain

Hovering in the no-man's land between Skull and Inzi, but all the best ones do, tbh.