• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW 1sts vs CW Prems ! 6 O.D.Is and 4 Tests ! News, Views...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I was run out 3 times in the last season, and just being quick between the wickets doesn't mean squat!

If you are stranded by your partner, no matter how fast you are you wont be getting back in.

LAST 5 SEASONS:
Run Out 4 times
Stranded 3 times

does this mean that I am a poor runner, NO! it means that i like getting stranded by partners.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from Top_Cat & Tamara I don't think anyone else here has played for their State or City.
I have played indoor cricket for Auckland, but that doesn't really count so im afraid the rest of us aren't qualified to say we're any good or not because we haven't played at the top level.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from Top_Cat & Tamara I don't think anyone else here has played for their State or City.
I have played indoor cricket for Auckland, but that doesn't really count so im afraid the rest of us aren't qualified to say we're any good or not because we haven't played at the top level.
Rubbish, mate. Playing indoor cricket for Auckland is pretty brilliant if you ask me. I've played indoor quite extensively and I know how tough a game it can be.

Besides, after my last match performance for the Cricket Web XI, maybe it's time to try someone else! 5 overs for 32, YIKES!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
sorry I should have re-phrased that.
I play Indoor Cricket for the Auckland U19's, theres a difference between U19's & the actual Auckland team.

There's no point skiting about your ability unless you're good enough to make the top level IMO.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
As said before dont stress a lot about it

cant really hog the boards unless u can backit up as dave says , plus there is a first for everything , first for runouts , the sim could be quite accurate as it is based upon the stats u gave, and its true its not right to say if ur fast in the field ur fast between wickets , runouts could be patners fault as pointed out by Paid

anyway good work again Prems and fabolous opening bowling by Lucky and David again good stuff guys :)

experience wins over pace ? :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Cricket web Prems Squad for 3rd OD = Langeveldt is simming the 3rd 4th and 6th

Cricketweb Prems

Vishnureddy
Paid_the_Umpire
Mr Mxyzptlk
Umpire Money Argonaut
Ryan_t2002 ( W.k )
Sunil Havascar ( V.Cap )
MasterBlaster
Lord_of_Darkness ( Cap )
LuckyEddie
David

Most of the squad unchanged except Umpire money gets a bat at number 4 because he deserves a good bat , cause hes doing a good job ...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I did a bit of a Shoaib the other day, bowled 150 k's plus but was wayward & went 3 overs for 23 runs.

Cloete

International Captain
Tim said:
well i have been selected 2 years in a row to play at the state championships for brisbane. opening bat and best spinner.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Speed hardly ever has anything to do with runouts... You should know the speed of yourself and your partner and judge runs on this, communication is the key. Runouts happen when u don't have the communication or with a really good piece of fielding.

You get stranded or make a bad call more than get undone by a great bit of fielding.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I agree, no point in trying to prove how good you are unless you actually are in the position to back it up..

I train in the winter with some Somerset Under 17 and while I can compete and hold my own, i would probably not be good enough to be picked for any matches.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
What we need is a bit of Honesty. Alot of the time we have to trust what you say because We don't know better!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
County under 19s...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
David said:
Well, how do we see them? Not very reliable proof for us is it? I meant something you can back up like national selection etc :)
What about county age group selection?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
well i have been selected 2 years in a row to play at the state championships for brisbane. opening bat and best spinner.
Yeah and in the sim you still go for 5 1/2 an over...not even AA does that badly ;)