• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current World's Best Player of Spin?

Best player of spin currently?

• Michael Clarke

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Kane Williamson

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Kumar Sagakarra

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Mahela Jayawardene

• Cheteshwar Pujara

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Virat Kohli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

• Jacques Kallis

• Hashim Amla

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • AB De Villiers

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kevin Pietersen

• Ian Bell

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Misbah Ul Haq

• Total voters

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I was going to ask also. Are the averages his average score when out against spin vs pace? I bet it is and not actually all his runs scored from a spinner divided by the number of times he has gotten out from a spinner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wish someone actually did work it out the proper way at some point. It wouldn't be that hard for any cricketer who has played since cricinfo live commentary existed.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the thing is, if you want to teach a youngster how to play spin, will you show them Sehwag slogging spinners out the park or Amla stone walling them?

I think both technique (how good you look) and performance needs to be factored in the equation.
Sehwag never slogs spinners. Best he simply has best foot work against spinners, and would have given Sidhu a run for his money.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I wish someone actually did work it out the proper way at some point. It wouldn't be that hard for any cricketer who has played since cricinfo live commentary existed.
Cricinfo can do it themselves. They just don't let you do it with Statsguru. ****s.

DingDong

State Captain
actually those stats just show how many runs the player has scores before he got out to either a fast bowler or a spinner. i guess it doesn't mean that on average clarke scores 47 against spinners before a spinner gets him out that's pretty useless for what u guys are trying to determine here