• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Current Test XI' Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
8 points Teuton - Hard to find any real weakness in this line-up. Perhaps the support bowlers behind the 3 fine quicks might lack experience.

7 points Fuller Pilch - Another strong combination with the lack of a front-line spinner a minor concern.

6 points - JOJOXI - A balanced side well suited to the conditions. Middle order batting may be vulnerable.

5 points - A Massive Zebra - A capable batting line-up backed by a well balanced attack.

4 points - Kingkallis - A strong bowling attack but the middle order looks a but suspect.

3 points - Weldone - A long tail is a concern.

2 points - Honestbharani - Good pace attack but I can't see a big score being accumulated.

Interesting that both Wood and Archer are mentioned. I was after another seamer but couldn't believe Hazelwood got through.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Mark Wood didn't get picked either. I thought Sikander Raza might have been chosen too.
Yep that's another good pacer, we really are in an era of good pace attacks! Raza slipped my mind during the draft, at the start I had him as a potential 3rd spinner in my side if other options got taken.

JOJOXI

Following post will be the full lineups of all the final teams and justifications - over next few days if you could vote from 8pts for the side you think is the best for the pitch stated down to 2pts (excluding your own team). 8pts down to 1pt for anyone voting outside the draft. I will give it about a week (?) and tally up the scores after that. I will most likely give my votes around this time tomorrow but no massive rush as long as its done in a relatively timely fashion (next few days).

Thankyou all for taking part I've enjoyed hosting my first draft and has been interesting seeing all the teams take shape.
Just a reminder with this slipping down the topic lists on Page 1

a massive zebra

International Captain
Apologies for the delay in voting.

8 points - Fuller Pilch - Powerhouse top four and strong pace bowling attack ideally suited to the ground.
7 points - Teuton - Perfectly balanced side, strong in all areas.
6 points - JOJOXI - Plenty of bowling options and decent batting depth but no real star batsmen.
5 points - Line and Length - Strong middle order and good opening bowlers but some other sides have more depth.
4 points - King Kallis - Excellent bowling attack but the batting looks a little suspect.
3 points - Weldone - Decent top order but the bowling attack is not as strong as some others.
2 points - Honestbharani - Strong bowling attack but a very vulnerable batting lineup and I don't think the bowlers would have many runs to play with.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Apologies for the delay in voting.

8 points - Teuton - Perfectly balanced side, strong in all areas.
7 points - Fuller Pilch - Powerhouse top four and strong pace bowling attack ideally suited to the ground.
6 points - JOJOXI - Plenty of bowling options and decent batting depth but no real star batsmen.
5 points - Line and Length - Strong middle order and good opening bowlers but some other sides have more depth.
4 points - King Kallis - Excellent bowling attack but the batting looks a little suspect.
3 points - Weldone - Decent top order but the bowling attack is not as trong as some others.
2 points - Honestbharani - Strong bowling attack but a very vulnerable batting lineup and I don't think the bowlers would have many runs to play with.

I would actually go with this. Sorry guys, not had the time to sit and do a proper voting like I usually do but my thoughts are pretty similar to AMZ here, or at least the rankings.

a massive zebra

International Captain
You should place AMZ somewhere in the order to be fair to him
Thanks for the support Teuton, much appreciated.

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but can we disregard HBs vote until he includes me somewhere in his list?

Apologies for being such a self centered ****.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My apologies. I totally forgot we have to judge based on the ground and condiitions etc Was thinking of it as an usual draft.

Fuller Pitch – Amazing side, almost perfect for Basin Reserve including against the wind bowlers (2 of them).

L&L - Fairly good for the MCG, especially the batting, but feel the bowling will be a bit meh, esp. at the MCG.

JoJo XI - Two left arm seamers, two offies, a number of keepers.. Whlle I don’t doubt the quality of the players in the side, just seems a bit too one-dimensional. And SSC can be very bowler friendly, which may be wasted with a lot of similarity in the build of this bowling attack.

Teuton – Good side but given his drafting pedigree, good is rather middling. �� Just don’t see anything stand out like FP’s did for the conditions.

Weldone - very underwhelming side, esp. given the recent trend of Eden Gardens being greenish and seamer friendly.

AMZ – A very BD-esque side for BD conditions with 2 offies and 2 SLAs and all 4 of them being allrounders. :laugh: Would say next best side to FP’s.

My side - Its good for Chepauk but it could have been better and I agree the batting order is rather underwhelming when considering the competition.

KK - I guess he should win coz he has Woakes at Lords, lol. But overall, his side also leaves a bit to be desired. That batting at Lords sounds rather middling.

8 – FullerPitch
7 – AMZ
6 – Teuton
5 – L&L
4 – Jojo
3 – KK
2 – weldone

JOJOXI

So if I'm not mistaken just Weldone and KingKallis haven't voted, said I'd give it about a week in earlier post so will give it another three days for them and anyone else not involved in draft to vote. In cases of no voting think the fairest thing to do is award their pts on basis of other votes - e.g. eight pts for person with highest average pts across the board and so on as to ensure fairness - as those who vote are allocating points to everyone but themselves.

EDIT - Let me know if, for whatever reason, it might take a few days longer, can be flexible just want to balance not having draft voting run excessively long where you've got an extended period of it running without people voting but also having it run long enough that people have a reasonable opportunity to vote.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
So if I'm not mistaken just Weldone and KingKallis haven't voted, said I'd give it about a week in earlier post so will give it another three days for them and anyone else not involved in draft to vote. In cases of no voting think the fairest thing to do is award their pts on basis of other votes - e.g. eight pts for person with highest average pts across the board and so on as to ensure fairness - as those who vote are allocating points to everyone but themselves.

EDIT - Let me know if, for whatever reason, it might take a few days longer, can be flexible just want to balance not having draft voting run excessively long where you've got an extended period of it running without people voting but also having it run long enough that people have a reasonable opportunity to vote.
I will do it in the morning.

kingkallis

International Coach
I am stuck with a few tasks so cannot check the performance of these players @ their picked venue so I am just rating them on several criteria like success in these 2 years, futuristic approach.

Fuller Pilch: 7 points. Futuristic & experienced top order, good wicketkeeper batsman and very good bowling unit but picking Philander and Ishant surely is not a futuristic approach so lost few points only due to that.
Line & Length: 4 points. Not so sure about the openers but the middle order is top class. Bowling is not the best of this draft but still it will do the job.
JOJOXI: 8 points. Very good batting line up and decent pace battery of Amir, Fizz, Stokes on a turner of SSC to support Ashwin, Kuldeep and Moeen. A match winning team that is.
Teuton: 5 points. Decent batting line up of Elgar, ChePu, Root, Faf! Cummins, Boult, Broad & Mehidy looks good. I am not so sure about the spinners but still a decent team.
Weldone: 6 points. A very good team for Edens. Weldone should have picked a pacer/batting all rounder instead of another spinner but I think Haris is a decent No.6. Decent team, overall.
A massive zebra: 3 points. Less experienced batting but overall the team looks okay to compete. Babar & Rahane may have to rescue this team with the help of Shakib often. Abbas does not have the pace to surprise the batting line ups on Dhaka wicket.
Honestbharani: 2 points. The bowling lineup is really good but I am not sure if Steyn would have been any good from futuristic POV. Batting line up will struggle to pile on runs.

JOJOXI

Below are the overall points awarded with brackets indicating amount of votes they've received. With Weldone seeming to be absent in recent times he has been voted one more time then everyone else as you can't vote for yourself. As a result I've put down the preliminary results with the final results tallied as average pts per pick to make up for the fact Weldone got voted one time more. This only effects one position in the end with Line and Length rising above Weldone in the final results.

Preliminary Results

Fuller Pilch – 43pts (6)
Teuton – 42pts (6)
JOJOXI – 39pts (6)
AMZ – 32pts (6)
Weldone – 28pts (7)
LLCC – 27pts (6)
King Kallis – 19pts (6)
HonestBharani – 15pts (6)

Final Results

Fuller Pilch – 7.17pts
Teuton – 7pts
JOJOXI – 6.5pts
AMZ – 5.33pts
LLCC – 4.5pts
Weldone – 4pts
King Kallis – 3.17pts
HonestBharani – 2.5pts

Congratulations to Fuller Pilch who won the draft by a single point! and thanks to all for contributing to what has been a fun draft to set up!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was a great draft and well run, Jojo. And congrats to FP.. Great side and deserved winner. Hard luck to Teuton and JoJo himself, I guess.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Uh after the hectic last week, I thought about voting this weekend, but didn't realise 7 days were over so soon!

Congrats FP

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks Jojo for running it and thanks everyone. I think last year's CWC should've been shared and I think this should be shared as well.