• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's Virtual NRL 2009

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depending on how many players we get will determine which finals system we will use. Any less than 12 and we'll use the final 5 (or 7), if we get close to 16 we'll use the 8 system. Hopefully we can get an even number of competitors so we don't have any byes.

Mister Wright

Giving this a bit of a bump. Would really like 16 players to take part. Still another 3 or 4 weeks before the season proper starts.

Mister Wright

So far:

Team 1: Mister Wright
Team 2: Simon
Team 3: Alternative
Team 4: Pinchy81
Team 5: Jakester1288
Team 6: BoyBrumby
Team 7: chaminda_00
Team 8: 99*
Team 9: Luffy
Team 10: .matt
Team 11: morgieb
Team 12: Burgey
Team 13: speirz
Team 14: S.P. Fleming
Team 15: Alternative

Max = 16.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

At the moment if we stick with 10 teams, we'll have a 24 round season (excluding the split rounds) with the semi finals in round 25 and final in round 26. However, if we get all 16 teams we can run a full season.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm very interested, but my activity might be on-and-off....
But yes, I wanna compete.

Mister Wright

I'm very interested, but my activity might be on-and-off....
But yes, I wanna compete.
Inactivity won't be a problem. You will be assigned a random pick. But given, you can't pick a side twice until you've picked them all, you could email me 16 sides in order.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
One the note of the Virtual NRL, i actually quite liked the one we played 2 years ago. Was soo gun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just a thought, what's the dealy if two managers playing each other select the same team for the round? Does someone get first dibs or would it just be a draw?

Mister Wright

Just a thought, what's the dealy if two managers playing each other select the same team for the round? Does someone get first dibs or would it just be a draw?
I'll announce the full rules once we get our 16th team.

I'm thinking that the home team would get first choice if managers select the same side.