• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing clangers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Was very skeptical of KW back when people were hyping him up as a high school sensation. Even when he started piling on the runs in FC cricket, I think I predicted that he'd end up averaging about 38 in tests.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sachin's 200 in ODIs was the ultimate high I experienced as a cricket fan (above 2011 WC win and our Gabba win), thought of that record to stay permanent like Lara's 400.
Sehwag and Rohit his successors in more ways than one. :laugh:

Guptill got in there too, didn't he?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I genuinely can't recall getting any calls/ predictions wrong since I've been posting here. I'm sure there's something - I may not have predicted Leicester city winning the Prem at the start of that season, but really, that aside as far as I remember I've pretty much got everyone else right.

1611211711348.png

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Greg Matthews predicted Ed Cowan would score 5000 test runs. Not sure if that was a stinker though. I mean congrats to Matthews for predicting a guy that's so trash playing any tests at all.

Burgey

Suresh Raina 10k test runs @ 50.
Dravid got this wrong too. Said he would be the next big thing. Someone had the quote sigged here back when Raina was relevant to anything other than his immediate family.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Dravid got this wrong too. Said he would be the next big thing. Someone had the quote sigged here back when Raina was relevant to anything other than his immediate family.
He had incredible temperament and shot selection very early on in LOs iirc. Shame his technical issues were just too much for tests.

Burgey

Was very skeptical of KW back when people were hyping him up as a high school sensation. Even when he started piling on the runs in FC cricket, I think I predicted that he'd end up averaging about 38 in tests.
he still may tbf

Kirkut

International Regular
I honestly think if we did not have the England series coming right up and the WTC context, Bumrah and Ash may well have played through injury in the last test. And we might not have won because of that. Its amazing how it worked out.
I think a 50% fit Bumrah might have out-bowled both Thakur and Natarajan. But can never expect both Ashwin and Bumrah to bat like Sundar and Thakur. With Ashwin and Bumrah, draw was the best result.

Talking about Bumrah, I saw him as an IPL bowler only with that funny action and maybe deserving enough to play international T20s, forget becoming our premier fast bowler in tests along with Shami.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
he still may tbf
Given that he's probably only going to play about 35 tests in the remainder of his career, he'd need to probably have a brain transplant with Chris Martin for that to happen. Even if he only averaged 12 over his next 60 odd innings he'd still be averaging 40+

the big bambino

International Captain
Re Kirkut about Bumrah. Good call. Its not only the funny action but the funny name I guess. He wasn't taken all that seriously until a series in SA iirc.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think a 50% fit Bumrah might have out-bowled both Thakur and Natarajan. But can never expect both Ashwin and Bumrah to bat like Sundar and Thakur. With Ashwin and Bumrah, draw was the best result.

Talking about Bumrah, I saw him as an IPL bowler only with that funny action and maybe deserving enough to play international T20s, forget becoming our premier fast bowler in tests along with Shami.
Posted in fb back after the 2015 IPL final that both Bumrah and Pandya should debut for India soon and in all formats. :)

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I thought of Tendulkar and Sehwag retiring from cricket completely after the 2007 World Cup. Both hit their batting peaks surprisingly after that.
I always had faith in Sachin to have a sort of a last hurrah, but his second peak in 2009-2010 was something never anticipated.