• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing clangers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My dude, you and your mates are the ones trawling through my old posts in the vain hope of finding an inaccurate prediction. That you’re all bothering to do so is itself another win for Burgey Inc’s shareholders, who were tipped into the lucrative “watch Indian supporters waste their time disproving a point you’re not even seriously making” market.
I like this quote from ...... it wasn't Burgey, guess who?

"Pant would have been an awful selection. Massively inferior keeper to Saha and all his recent runs have come against a not-even-shield-quality Aus A team. He's a fundamentally flawed player in all aspects of the game who relies on his fantastic hand eye coordination and athleticism to get by. He shouldn't be near the Test team."
Appears this lucrative market has broadened into Western Australia too.

cnerd123

likes this
Still stand by this call. Bloke dumped a dozentop edges into the outfield in between hacking his way to good scores. Very fortunate but rode his luck well. Still a junk keeper, but I concede he has time on his side, owing to the fact he’s only 21 or so, despite looking like a 45 year old shop keeper.
It wasn't your post you dumb buffoon

Understandable that you'd claim it because it was wrong.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My dude, you and your mates are the ones trawling through my old posts in the vain hope of finding an inaccurate prediction. That you’re all bothering to do so is itself another win for Burgey Inc’s shareholders, who were tipped into the lucrative “watch Indian supporters waste their time disproving a point you’re not even seriously making” market.
Ah yes, when proven wrong, "I was not being serious" defence. Maybe @Starfighter is right and there indeed is a lot of similarities between Tesla and Burgey Incs. :lol:

Burgey

Ah yes, when proven wrong, "I was not being serious" defence. Maybe @Starfighter is right and there indeed is a lot of similarities between Tesla and Burgey Incs. :lol:
You really think I’ve been serious over these past few pages? Fmd please tell me you don’t operate heavy machinery or have a position of responsibility in the work place.

Burgey

Of course. Penile Dysentery’s predictions can’t be listed because, well he wasn’t here until Melbourne.

which tbf is about 4 weeks earlier than his plainly keen eye for a gag.

Kirkut

International Regular
Posted in fb back after the 2015 IPL final that both Bumrah and Pandya should debut for India soon and in all formats. :)
Both Bumrah and Pandya looked tailor made for t20 cricket to me when I watched them first, didn't even expect them to play ODIs.

Kirkut

International Regular
I always had faith in Sachin to have a sort of a last hurrah, but his second peak in 2009-2010 was something never anticipated.
He was already into his 19th year and someone like Viv or Gavaskar had 16 year careers. If someone told me back in 2007 that Tendulkar has another 6 years left, it would sound like trolling to me.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also thought Steve Finn had the potential to be a English Glenn McGrath.

While realistically he was never going to be that good he's still an enormous waste of talent.

Burgey

I also thought Steve Finn had the potential to be a English Glenn McGrath.

While realistically he was never going to be that good he's still an enormous waste of talent.
Oh yeah for sure. Had everything going for him to be a really good test bowler, except a pea sized brain.

Kirkut

International Regular
yeah I was mainly thinking the same thing, especially about ODIs really, and mainly Bumrah.
5 years ago if you would have asked me then, I'd say Stuart Binny had better chances to play tests than Bumrah. Sometimes we take textbook approach to cricket too seriously, cricket boards should not hesitate in experimenting unorthodox type cricketers in tests.