• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers with similar careers

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Simon Taufel and Billy Bowden.

Both are from Oceania while they made their debuts in 2000, and both have umpred in exactly 70 tests each, 167 and 165 ODIs respectively, and 22 and 19 t20i's as of now.

Joao

U19 12th Man
Simon Taufel and Billy Bowden.

Both are from Oceania while they made their debuts in 2000, and both have umpred in exactly 70 tests each, 167 and 165 ODIs respectively, and 22 and 19 t20i's as of now.
Except Bowden is a **** and a terrible umpire. Taufel is gun.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Kyle Mills and Nathan Bracken

Born two years apart in neighbouring countries, they both played just over 100 ODIs, where they were both rated at or near the top of the bowling tables in that format at some point. Both played less than 20 Tests, where they were simply not as effective. Both possessed the sort of huge variety at mediocre pace that makes a bowler much more effective in the shorter game. Both average around 25 with the ball in ODIs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kyle Mills and Nathan Bracken

Born two years apart in neighbouring countries, they both played just over 100 ODIs, where they were both rated at or near the top of the bowling tables in that format at some point. Both played less than 20 Tests, where they were simply not as effective. Both possessed the sort of huge variety at mediocre pace that makes a bowler much more effective in the shorter game. Both average around 25 with the ball in ODIs.
Except Mills is still playing. :p

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
True, in fact I saw him play in the HRV Cup win today. Made me wonder if he could have been a great Test bowler if not for his strange habit of leaning backwards when he's within three metres of the popping crease. He must lose a lot of pace that way. :huh:

Satguru

Banned
Sehwag and Afridi. Basically the same player.
Oh please, thats a real insult to sehwag imo. Theyre both crazy, sehwag in a good way, in that he'll smash bad balls every single time, regardless of situation, but afridi is crazy in a bad way... he just goes after eveything instead of treating the ball on merit. Afridi's a **** batsman, sehwag isnt... or atleast he isnt in the subcontinent :mellow:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag doesn't treat each ball based on merit, which is why he struggles when there is a hint of bounce or movement. But instead of trying to fix their faults some of the players are asking for "rank turners" and even flatter pitches in India to help them at home. How about making pitches with life in India so that when they face them that outside of Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman that they dont look clueless.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sehwag doesn't treat each ball based on merit, which is why he struggles when there is a hint of bounce or movement. But instead of trying to fix their faults some of the players are asking for "rank turners" and even flatter pitches in India to help them at home. How about making pitches with life in India so that when they face them that outside of Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman that they dont look clueless.
Do you realise that "rank turners" are pitches with life?

Satguru

Banned
Sehwag doesn't treat each ball based on merit, which is why he struggles when there is a hint of bounce or movement.
What i meant was that Sehwag generally has the sense to not try to hit good balls 20 rows back, and more importantly he plays with a straight bat... was just trying to make a distinction between him and afridi, which was quite frankly ridiculous.
Everyone knows about Sehwag's weakness against swing and seam, but he looks frankly invincible against spinners even in tough conditions... the fact that Sehwag has won plenty of matches for India cannot be erased just because he hasnt delivered in seaming/swinging conditions.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
tbh I like the idea of India having rank turners, even if it means they are **** overseas.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Do you realise that "rank turners" are pitches with life?
I'm aware of what you mean, but I always took the phrase "with life" as in the literal sense of living grass, i.e. green. This brand of linguistics is of course a fair distance from anything reliable.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allan Border and Steve Waugh
Similar outlooks, but Waugh spent a significant time out of the team, whereas Border played three tests, got dropped for one, came back then played 153 in a row.

Certainly had that same steely resolve though :)