• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Stats Spider

Should be fairly easy code work Gelman I would imagine if James wants to do it.

And cheers Nightprowler for spotting any bugs remember to tell us so we can make the package even better and less bug free :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Make that just one. I noticed the Multan match between Pakistan and West Indies on both of the teams' pages being shown as a loss, and thought of it as two matches.

http://www.cricketweb.net/statsspider/pakistan/

http://www.cricketweb.net/statsspider/westindies/

It would be the second match for each team. The rest are fine.

Cheers
Thanks very much for letting me know, I'll get that fixed up :)

Keep the suggestions coming too guys. Almost all will be implemented :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, I dont know if this has been noticed before but if it has it appears not to have changed.

Going through the 2006 Tests I noticed WI vs India 2nd Test is not listed.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
NZ vs WI, 1st Test, starting 9th March 2006 also appears not to be listed in the list of matches for 2006.

Im trying to do some research on certain aspects of games played in 2006 and that is why Im seeing some are missing. Ill add if I see more.

EDIT- No worries, Ive found it. It is just in the wrong place along with Sri vs Bang 2nd test.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks, this is an issue with some of the dates in the database where they're stored as 1879-01-2 rather than 1879-01-02. I'll get this fixed up, will post back here when its working.

James

Cricket Web Owner
NZ vs WI, 1st Test, starting 9th March 2006 also appears not to be listed in the list of matches for 2006.

Im trying to do some research on certain aspects of games played in 2006 and that is why Im seeing some are missing. Ill add if I see more.

EDIT- No worries, Ive found it. It is just in the wrong place along with Sri vs Bang 2nd test.
Should all be fixed up now :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Excellent work, guys. You really do deserve a hell of a lot of kudos for coming up with such an amazing tool. I hardly ever find time to post on CW after work, but you guys doing so much whilst having your jobs, studies, etc. is just amazing. Your dedication is the single biggest reason behind CW's popularity. Hope you guys can find the time and strength to keep going at the same pace. All the best. :)

Excellent work, guys. You really do deserve a hell of a lot of kudos for coming up with such an amazing tool. I hardly ever find time to post on CW after work, but you guys doing so much whilst having your jobs, studies, etc. is just amazing. Your dedication is the single biggest reason behind CW's popularity. Hope you guys can find the time and strength to keep going at the same pace. All the best. :)
Cheers Mate for the compliments.

andmark

International Captain
I'm proud to announce Cricket Web's latest feature, Cricket Web Stats Spider.

Cricket Web Stats Spider offers you statistical information and analysis of more than 3000 cricketers and 4000 matches, across 21 nations. All international games ever played are covered from Tests to ODIs to Twenty20! On top of that, you can also analyse teams' and players' performances using a wide range of tools, including extensive graph features.

Why the name Stats Spider? To follow the name Cricket Web, the "spider" finds the "stats" on the "web".

This project is the biggest in the history of the site and has been worked on for nearly two years, and has involved a great number of people. I'd like to extend a huge thanks to the following people who gave up their time to assist with the data and testing of the features in place. It couldn't have been done without their help. To the following people, thanks:

Anglia Marjadi
Ben James
Craig Walsh
Dean Burns
Grant Scott
Hugo Richards
Jasjit Grewal
Justin Rodgie
Latoya Mason
Lawrence Kuy
Manjunath Reddlapalli
Richard Twyman
Rob Malone

We'll be looking at making improvements over the next few months, so please feel free to offer suggestions through the forum or via email, and we'll consider implementing them in future versions of our stats software.

Enjoy!
great i have been waiting for one

bagapath

International Captain
top effort guys. congrats.

i think the batting strike rate data is not accuarate. sutcliffe is shown to be with a strike rate of 69. it was actually close to 39 - one of the lowest. also g.pollock is credited with a 100+ strike rate which doesnt sound right. do check it out. thanks.

Craig

World Traveller

i think the batting strike rate data is not accuarate. sutcliffe is shown to be with a strike rate of 69. it was actually close to 39 - one of the lowest. also g.pollock is credited with a 100+ strike rate which doesnt sound right. do check it out. thanks.
We can fix that.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Thanks for letting us known, the Sutcliffe fix will go through tonight, while I don't see a problem with Pollock?

oz_fan

International Regular
Test Scores of 99

I think there are a couple of scores missing from that list after 1994.

Batsman Country Date Versus Ground
Atherton, M A England 04/08/1994 South Africa Headingley 99
Campbell, A D R Zimbabwe 26/10/1994 Sri Lanka Harare Sports Club 99
Saleem Malik Pakistan 19/01/1995 South Africa New Wanderers Stad 99
Waugh, S R Australia 03/02/1995 England W.A.C.A. Ground 99*
Aamir Sohail Pakistan 09/11/1995 Australia Brisbane Cricket Gr 99
Blewett, G S* Australia 25/01/1997 West Indies Adelaide Oval 99
Ganguly, S C* India 26/11/1997 Sri Lanka Vidarbha Cricket Gr 99
Blewett, G S* Australia 27/11/1997 New Zealand Bellerive Oval 99
Tudor, A J* England 01/07/1999 New Zealand Edgbaston 99*
Arnold, R P* Sri Lanka 05/03/2000 Pakistan Arbab Niaz Stadium 99
Richardson, M H New Zealand 19/09/2000 Zimbabwe Harare Sports Club 99