• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just saw this...

Am I still able to sign up?
Yep. You can stick yourself in Ireland or Bangladesh if you want a guaranteed spot every game, or you can sign up for New Zealand and take your chances at getting selected from a 12-man squad on a game-to-game basis.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
How do I figure out what type of players have already been selected/chosen? So that I don't make myself the same as someone else.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I just looked at the Ireland lineup and made myself a player who would be suited to coming in at 6 because that's where there was a gap. Which is quite handy because that's the sort of player I would be.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Here's our schedule:

Feb 19 - Bangladesh v India
Feb 24 - Australia v New Zealand

We obviously missed the game on the 19th, but we can make that up tomorrow. What I need is for all the teams is get themselves semi-organised - appoint a captain and settle on a batting order/bowling change plans. I'll release the player abilities when I've got them done.
Any news, PEWS?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Any news, PEWS?
NZ/Aus game is actually tomorrow. I subbed them in for WI/SA in the Group B draw but it given they're coincidentally playing tomorrow IRL it makes more to do it then as a curtain raiser. We'll squeeze India/Bangladesh in when we can. I suppose I should create an actual schedule thread. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mmkay. Is there any more info you need?

@Athlai: Initially unintentional, then noticed and kept in for fun.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
It doesn't matter that Prince EWS is behind schedule. We already know who's going to win anyway. England, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia and Bangladesh have just turned up to make up the numbers. :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Spark blasts organisers over delays

Australian cricket captain Spark has lashed out at the organizers of the Cricket World Cup, criticizing what he sees as "being too ****ing slow". The World Cup was due to start last Saturday the 19th of February but an "administrative error" resulted in none of the players actually being informed that the match was to be played.

"****ing PEWS," Spark told the assembled media in Nagpur. "First he turns traitor on us and now he can't even write a schedule properly. ****, I don't even know what my ****ing average is!" He failed to find support for his views amongst the rest of the players, however, with one telling NOTCW "Spark's really showing his cricket simulation experience here. Anyone who's played before can tell you that PEWS can't stick to a deadline to save his life."

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH Pledges Support To Spark

Despite hating Australia as a rule, England's pin-up batting all-rounder GIMH has surprisingly spoken out in favour of Spark's recent comments to the media. When asked what he thought about Spark's comments, he said the below.

Well he's right isn't he? Prince EWS is a ****ing **** ****. I ****ing hate that ****. **** **** **** ****. What a ****ing ****. I hate him.
He was then asked his thoughts on the delays to which he responded:

Oh, I didn't realise there had been any.