• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm contemplating nominating the best man to captain the Bangers side but I have an internal struggle between honesty and modesty. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
So who volunteers to collect said tears? Must be someone indifferent to slapping in order to avoid skewing the results.

Spark

Global Moderator
Infighting mars Australian preparations for World Cup

Infighting between the Australian cricket team's backroom staff has led to an injury to the tour manager, Burgey, and dampened preparations for Australia's defence of the Cricket World Cup.

Early reports indicate that the injury resulted from an argument between Burgey and the team mascot, benchmark00. Benchmark00 was said to have told Burgey to "run at me, ****". Burgey attempted to do so, only to forget to take his walking stick. He promptly collapsed, and was hospitalised as a "precautionary measure".

More to follow

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Infighting between the Australian cricket team's backroom staff has led to an injury to the tour manager, Burgey, and dampened preparations for Australia's defence of the Cricket World Cup.

Early reports indicate that the injury resulted from an argument between Burgey and the team mascot, benchmark00. Benchmark00 was said to have told Burgey to "run at me, ****". Burgey attempted to do so, only to forget to take his walking stick. He promptly collapsed, and was hospitalised as a "precautionary measure".

More to follow
:laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
"We may not win the world cup but I will make sure the opponents don't get any action during the victory party" says Bangladesh fast bowler Shri. "If you have a hard time getting girls(pun intended), break dicks to reduce the competition", he added while our reporter allegedly stared back at him with a wtf expression. When asked if he is targeting anyone in particular Shri said he would be going after Turb, "Will knock the turban right off his head in the opener" were his exact words. He went on to reveal the new captain's arm band which will be given to the captain when the WC kicks off by the BCB's president. He held on to the band through the interview and rubbished reports of Teja wanting a shot at the captaincy. Teja couldn't be reached for comment since he had taken a wrong flight to Hyderabad in Pakistan instead of the one in India for his warm up match.

Blaze 18

Banned

More to follow
Hahaha, that is top class. :laugh:

Himannv

International Coach
Himannv rues lack of practice at World Cup venues

Himannv has said Sri Lanka's lack of practice at the country's World Cup venues will rob them of some home advantage during the tournament. It is said that the overambitious skipper of the team turned up by himself for practice in the new venues.

"We would love to train at all the grounds [in Sri Lanka], but players dont seem to turn up to train," Himannv told CricketWeb after the gruelling training session on Wednesday. The glum faced wicketkeeper batsmen admitted that it was hard to bat, bowl and field all by himself.

"Its hard work, but I think we, as in I, learned something" said Himannv, wiping the sweat off his brow.

Despite their lack of preparation, Sri Lanka have, however, played a rain-marred practice match against Portugal recently at Pallekele which lasted 5 minutes as usual, due to the lovely tropical weather.

In other less exciting news, the much unfancied South African team have demanded that no more chokes.... er jokes are made at their expense.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Himmanv urged to "Get the **** with the rest of the team" / ESPNCricinfo

In a strong warning to wicketkeeper-batsman Himmanv, officials from the Bangladesh camp have urged the Sri Lankan-born maverick to rejoin the team at their training camp in Mirpur.

"He needs too get the **** with the rest of the team, as in right ****ing now" commented the Bangladeshi captain in a clear display of ire.

"He's been off practising on his own somewhere or other, I don't know, probably sleeping on his parent's couch or something. I've heard he still thinks he's playing for the Lankans. Well a fat lot of good he is three thousand sodding miles away."

"What a ****." added Teja, after solemn contemplation.

Under current Forumer World Cup rules, Himmanv was allowed to change his alliegence to second team Bangladesh after his native Sri Lanka were embarassingly ejected from the tournament.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Himannv rues lack of practice at World Cup venues

Himannv has said Sri Lanka's lack of practice at the country's World Cup venues will rob them of some home advantage during the tournament. It is said that the overambitious skipper of the team turned up by himself for practice in the new venues.

"We would love to train at all the grounds [in Sri Lanka], but players dont seem to turn up to train," Himannv told CricketWeb after the gruelling training session on Wednesday. The glum faced wicketkeeper batsmen admitted that it was hard to bat, bowl and field all by himself.

"Its hard work, but I think we, as in I, learned something" said Himannv, wiping the sweat off his brow.

Despite their lack of preparation, Sri Lanka have, however, played a rain-marred practice match against Portugal recently at Pallekele which lasted 5 minutes as usual, due to the lovely tropical weather.

In other less exciting news, the much unfancied South African team have demanded that no more chokes.... er jokes are made at their expense.
Have you actually noticed that earlier in this thread I changed my mind, cut it down to 6 teams and put you in with Bangladesh, yet? :p

Himannv

International Coach
Himannv catches a quick plane

After numerous mocking emails from opposition fans and home fans alike, the good looking batsmen, Himannv, finally checked his older mails and found, much to his surprise, a notice from the emigration department. News of the Cricket World claims that the batsmen has had a change of nationality without his knowledge.

With the media in full persuit, the wicketkeeper batsmen Himannv is said to have caught a quick flight to join his rather annoyed teammates for training.

Himannv's only comment to the laughing members of the press was, "It was all because of the rain".