• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You blokes can't seriously suggest rookies in any sporting set up don't deserve to get hazed.

Burgey

Ridiculous. Ritual humiliation of team mates works and builds team spirit and harmony.

Imagine playing in a team of RTBs. If you were slightly off key in your singing of Kumbaya, someone would come over and pat you on the back, say "never mind, mate", give you a hug of questionable consent and you'd never learn to get better. Then they'd send you out to bat, and if you got a duck they'd be all "I'm so sorry for you, brother. Don't worry, it's not important."

The **** it isn't. Why should I give up my Saturdays to play sport with a pack of wankers who just don't care whether they win, lose or even perform as an individual. You just know these clowns want participation trophies for everyone in senior sport. A sad, pathetic joke.

Burgey

By happy coincidence, when we went to test drive a car over the weekend, the sales bloke was a kid Burgeinho played juniors with - in a team I used to coach.

The look of joy on this kid's face as he happily recounted how I used to stand behind him in the nets with a stump pointed at his backside so he wouldn't back away from the ball was fantastic to see. And when he told Mrs Burgey how, if he bowled a wide, even though he wouldn't look at me, he could sense my eyes boring a hole in the back of his head with a look of hatred from the square leg umpiring position before I made him run a lap of the ground after the day's play for every wide, my eyes welled up with tears of pride.

Then he called his colleagues over and introduced me, and told them how I smashed a stump on the wall of the dressing shed after we got chased down in the last over of the first game of the year in under 14s after bowling 26 wides and no balls, before emphasizing to them how the message got through and we didn't lose another game all season on our way to the premiership. As he said, I may have been a bit old school, but the great man got results.

To hear him recount these episodes was wonderful. To have had an impact on a young kid's well being and to enhance their enjoyment of life and the game like that is something I'm extremely proud of.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like you're still mad that you weren't good enough at cricket, whereas everyone liked me because I'm generally chill about sports and didn't haze kids like a psycho.

Burgey

Sounds like you're still mad that you weren't good enough at cricket, whereas everyone liked me because I'm generally chill about sports and didn't haze kids like a psycho.
Oh no I came to terms with my own lack of ability very early on .