• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
Are we going to get an explanation for this
Your explanation is that it is a fictional short story rather than anything based on fact.
It is a short story about a mind boggling piece of beaurocratic decision making and the resultant exasperation from the victims

For those who like sensible scenarios rather than far fetched ones they may find comfort in my conjecture that as unlikely as this story appears at test level absolutely such scenes have happened at lower level tournaments all of over the world quite a few times.

For those who are my age or even only in their twenties but are worldly I am sure all of us have encountered personally a piece of official decision making that was absurd and caused us personally a great degree of exasperation.

I wrote the story as I found the emotions on display in my story engaging, personally relatable and exceedingly human in an age where being human is less embraced and self control and repeatable predictability preferred.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Your explanation is that it is a fictional short story rather than anything based on fact.
It is a short story about a mind boggling piece of beaurocratic decision making and the resultant exasperation from the victims

For those who like sensible scenarios rather than far fetched ones they may find comfort in my conjecture that as unlikely as this story appears at test level absolutely such scenes have happened at lower level tournaments all of over the world quite a few times.

For those who are my age or even only in their twenties but are worldly I am sure all of us have encountered personally a piece of official decision making that was absurd and caused us personally a great degree of exasperation.

I wrote the story as I found the emotions on display in my story engaging, personally relatable and exceedingly human in an age where being human is less embraced and self control and repeatable predictability preferred.
Are we going to get an explanation for this?

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There's something a little bit tragic about 'legends' cricket, IMO. And I say that as someone who was never within cooee of being a legend, and would very likely also take the cash on offer if I was.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's something a little bit tragic about 'legends' cricket, IMO. And I say that as someone who was never within cooee of being a legend, and would very likely also take the cash on offer if I was.
the appeal of it is the personalities playing, not the actual quality (or lack thereof) of the cricket

free market I guess

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
the appeal of it is the personalities playing, not the actual quality (or lack thereof) of the cricket

free market I guess
Oh I get that. We had a 'Black Clash' here on the weekend, which was ex All Blacks and a couple of other NZ personalities against former Black Caps - and it sold out quicker than any international T20 or ODI would. It's the novelty. The standard was club level or domestic A, but people enjoyed it for the personalities. I get it. I just feel it's a bit whorish in terms of the Legends stuff. Only my viewpoint.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh I get that. We had a 'Black Clash' here on the weekend, which was ex All Blacks and a couple of other NZ personalities against former Black Caps - and it sold out quicker than any international T20 or ODI would. It's the novelty. The standard was club level or domestic A, but people enjoyed it for the personalities. I get it. I just feel it's a bit whorish in terms of the Legends stuff. Only my viewpoint.
Of course I didn't think you didn't get it lol you're not an idiot

just felt like adding a tangential comment to pass the time at work

thierry henry

International Coach
I do find it interesting that former international cricketers regress to club level cricketers in their 40s, in some cases not too long after retirement. What those Black Clash matches have showed is that a 43 year old international cricketer who retired 8 years ago is at about the same level as a 23 year old rugby player who played provincial under-19 cricket but hasn't picked up a bat for 5 years.

I really would've thought that the refined and honed skills of the ex-cricketers would have the rugby players with a cricket background well covered, but I guess age waits for no man.