• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know you have a bad ****ing opinion when Flem agrees with it

'The shell is too hard to peal' - oh for ****s sake. You don't deserve good food with that attitude. What pathetic lazy privileged ungrateful attitude is that. Spoken like men who have never had to cook a meal for themselves in their lives.

Also you can get already-peeled shrimp and prawns, as well as de-shelled crabs and lobsters if you want. Well, maybe not in your part of the world. Pretty accessible here.
This post literally says "You guys are so entitled because you don't like peeling prawns. By the way, I eat pre-peeled prawns and other shell fish too" without a hint of irony.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair he never said he ate them himself, only that they're available if you want them.

Anyway all of this can be avoided by deep frying and eating the whole thing like a hero.

cnerd123

likes this
This post literally says "You guys are so entitled because you don't like peeling prawns. By the way, I eat pre-peeled prawns and other shell fish too" without a hint of irony.
I don't actually but i know they're available because, unlike you lot, i actually do my own shopping

Some restaurants do serve them shelled as well, depends on what you order. Asian cooking is varied and nuanced, but I suppose you two are satisfied with chicken salads huh

Burgey

I'm aware restaurants sometimes serve shelled prawns. Though unlike you I don't find it a particularly impressive feat. But you'd expect this sort of attitude from a bloke who posts pics of a cup of hot fat with a hair in it and calls it a delicacy.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I have had the ongoing cricketing fantasy scenario weird imagined situation going through my mind for the past 5 years.
Grab a packet of biscuits and read on while I describe it.

Pakistan are touring England in the year 202X
On the day before the first test at Lords there is the following discussion in the Long room.
Pakistan has submitted their team list but there appears to be an issue with it.
The head of the ECB is writing with red pen on the team list while the Pakistani officials and team captain look on nervously.
"This chap here, Fawad Khan, can't play"
"Why not?"
"We don't believe he is a real Pakistani"
"But he is - he has to play. He has been averaging 52 runs in our FC competition"
"You can't have him".
"That's unfair. What is the reason?"
"We don't believe he is from Pakistan"
"But he is. He was born in Pakistan. He grew up on Lahore. He comes from 7 generations of Pakistani's. He us Uppana. He is one of us. And here is a copy of his passport and birth certificate to prove it."
"Yes but he doesn't bleed for Pakistan. He is not passionate enough about his home country. And besides that he is good and you can't have him".
"But he does bleed for Pakistan. He sleeps each night wrapped in the Pakistan flag, and he went on a walk from the Northern tip of Pakistan to the southern border to raise money for a Pakistani charity."
"No he is not Pakistani enough. He doesn't bleed for country and isn't passionate enough to be allowed to play test cricket for your nation".
"But he wants to play he has been unable to sleep for the past three nights out of excitement and nervousness. He wants to play. He has to play. He is Pakistani. What if he writes an essay three thousand words long about he loves his country."
"No nothing doing. You can't have him. You can have this bloke Erza Allam instead."
"But he only averages 37 in FC ! We want Fawad".
"As a compromise we will let Fawad watch the match with free admission. And that is the best we can do."
"You havn't heard the end of this ECB !! "

Burgey

Burgeinho at it again today, getting his side home in the Frank Gray against fellow hot pots Burwood Briars. Came in 5/130 chasing 220, finished 49 not off 53 and winning with three balls to spare.

Club coach and renowned former NSW and Aus A opening bowler Don Nash was pleased with the win.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have had the ongoing cricketing fantasy scenario weird imagined situation going through my mind for the past 5 years.

On the day before the first test at Lords there is the following discussion in the Long room.
Pakistan has submitted their team list but there appears to be an issue with it.
The head of the ECB is writing with red pen on the team list while the Pakistani officials and team captain look on nervously.
"Why not?"
"But he is - he has to play. He has been averaging 52 runs in our FC competition"
"You can't have him".
"But he is. He was born in Pakistan. He grew up on Lahore. He comes from 7 generations of Pakistani's. He us Uppana. He is one of us. And here is a copy of his passport and birth certificate to prove it."
"Yes but he doesn't bleed for Pakistan. He is not passionate enough about his home country. And besides that he is good and you can't have him".
"But he does bleed for Pakistan. He sleeps each night wrapped in the Pakistan flag, and he went on a walk from the Northern tip of Pakistan to the southern border to raise money for a Pakistani charity."
"No he is not Pakistani enough. He doesn't bleed for country and isn't passionate enough to be allowed to play test cricket for your nation".
"But he wants to play he has been unable to sleep for the past three nights out of excitement and nervousness. He wants to play. He has to play. He is Pakistani. What if he writes an essay three thousand words long about he loves his country."
"No nothing doing. You can't have him. You can have this bloke Erza Allam instead."
"As a compromise we will let Fawad watch the match with free admission. And that is the best we can do."
Have you just found you were adopted?

TheJediBrah

"Why not?"
"You can't have him".
Are we going to get an explanation for this