• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If Sachin is still around after the NZ tests it will be a bit of a farce, I think the Indian board and selectors are a bit concerned about him in SA

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Listen guys, it's all well to blame the BCCI for snubbing CSA in this manner, but lets look at this in an unbiased manner. If the BCCI had released the itinerary for the SA tour of India with 3 tests and a zillion ODIs without consulting CSA they would have been accused of being presumptuous and power drunk bullies. It's unfortunate things have played out the way they have, but CSA have to shoulder the major part of the blame for the mess. Can't help but feel that Lorgat has overplayed his hand and it has backfired spectacularly on him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes it has.. And honestly, I do not have a problem with any of what has happened except that it looks like we may play just 2 tests in RSA now.. I really was hoping we would play at least 3. Ideally, I would have loved to see Windies play 3 tests and then we go to RSA and play 3 tests and 3 ODIs and then go to NZ and play 3 ODIs and 3 tests. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be 2 tests and 3 ODIs in the first two series and 2 tests and 5 ODIs (Really necessary?) in the 3rd series..

I just wish we would play more tests :(

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes it has.. And honestly, I do not have a problem with any of what has happened except that it looks like we may play just 2 tests in RSA now.. I really was hoping we would play at least 3. Ideally, I would have loved to see Windies play 3 tests and then we go to RSA and play 3 tests and 3 ODIs and then go to NZ and play 3 ODIs and 3 tests. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be 2 tests and 3 ODIs in the first two series and 2 tests and 5 ODIs (Really necessary?) in the 3rd series..

I just wish we would play more tests :(
Yes, both teams have a good reason for this: WC 2015

Quaggas

State Captain
Listen guys, it's all well to blame the BCCI for snubbing CSA in this manner, but lets look at this in an unbiased manner. If the BCCI had released the itinerary for the SA tour of India with 3 tests and a zillion ODIs without consulting CSA they would have been accused of being presumptuous and power drunk bullies. It's unfortunate things have played out the way they have, but CSA have to shoulder the major part of the blame for the mess. Can't help but feel that Lorgat has overplayed his hand and it has backfired spectacularly on him.
FTP and here:

"CSA, however, has claimed that it has not received any formal complaint from the BCCI and that they have followed all the correct protocols. "If the BCCI has any concerns they can raise them with us and we will sort them out amicably as we have always done in the past," Michael Owen Smith, CSA media consultant, said.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Anything following (or rather, stalking) the BCCI officials shouldn't get a new thread. We already have news channels in India to give us 24x7 coverage of that.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
FTP and here:

"CSA, however, has claimed that it has not received any formal complaint from the BCCI and that they have followed all the correct protocols. "If the BCCI has any concerns they can raise them with us and we will sort them out amicably as we have always done in the past," Michael Owen Smith, CSA media consultant, said.
The FTP is not a binding contract. Cricket boards are obliged to co ordinate and confirm itineraries all the time. The statement from CSA is empty fluff that neither confirms nor denies the BCCI's claim that the itinerary was released by CSA without consulting them. I'm pretty sure the BCCI would only be happy to co ordinate with the host nation provided they are kept in the loop instead of the host nation acting unilaterally.

Last edited:

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Looks like we've got ourselves a bcci apologist here.
Obvious triangulation is obvious. CSA have to decide whether its worth all that bcci money to stick with lorgat. I imagine this was a case of SA being unprepared for India being able to make alternate arrangements so quickly. Well the bluff has been called and now it's up to CSA to decide whether it's still worth sticking to it guns. So it's a combination of bully boy tactics of the bcci and a character test for CSA

In the end, i think this tour will happen because India will actually be adequately prepared for once. They might as well strive for full return on the investment they made with the India A tour. The Odis and the t20s are most likely to be cut in this rare instance (joburg possibly being moved to be the first test instead I hope). it hurts csa a lot more if they have to cut odis and t20s; the bcci seems hell bent on weakening CSA and they can always make up the tv revenue from a few Odis and t20is elsewhere along the way

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The key thing is, what will happen if RSA suddenly decide to replace Lorgat? Suddenly all 3 tour itineries will be reworked and RSA will end up getting their share of the pie.. I am not saying CSA are blameless but the BCCI are just being the BCCI. Both boards are at fault here.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
So the bcci is at fault for bullying and CSA is at fault for not properly accommodating the bcci's bullying? Hmmm....

And I don't think itineraries are changed willynilly or else there would be no reason to treat them any more credibly than the FTP

If SA sticks with lorgat, the tour will probably only be two tests and far fewer Odis and t20s. I'd rather it only be three tests, and if the bcci have thought this out, that's probably what they should bargain for, but it's probably wishful thinking on my part. Mind you this is a CSA that passed up on a Boxing Day test so that we could watch Aaron Phangiso bowl to the kiwis in a few t20s last year. It's obvious where csa's priorities lie. With lorgat at the helm, the bcci will try to weaken him at every turn, for no other reason than to make an example out of him.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Looks like we've got ourselves a bcci apologist here.
No, you haven't. But thanks for the obvious troll post. I fully expected someone to come up with this. You might want to look beyond your prejudice and see the CSA corporate weasel speak for what it is. A whole lot of words that satisfies the need for an apparently measured response, but does absolutely nothing to clarify the situation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The issue is that the BCCI genuinely wanted a home series to be arranged around these two tours of RSA and NZ and it looks like CSA did not even come talk to them. As I said, there is fault at both sides. CSA never went to BCCI to OK the itinery and things just seem to have spiralled from there, given the obvious issues BCCI seem to have with Lorgat at the helm.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
No, you haven't. But thanks for the obvious troll post. I fully expected someone to come up with this. You might want to look beyond your prejudice and see the CSA corporate weasel speak for what it is. A whole lot of words that satisfies the need for an apparently measured response, but does absolutely nothing to clarify the situation.
If you don't think the 'lack of consultation' had anything to do with what the bcci have been saying/leaking about lorgat, I have a bridge to sell you. SA have everything to lose here financially. They're clearly not taking an overtly strong stand against the bcci; lorgat and CSA have been very conciliatory in their words. So if their words are a facade, why else wouldn't they do everything they can to work with the bcci to finalize the details of the tour? Joburg has already gone ahead with selling tickets despite the preponement of the NZ tour (aka a giant screw you from the bcci to CSA). Playing India brings home the bacon to CSA . Playing SA brings chump change to the bcci

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep that probably does deserve it's own thread... congrats Afghanistan. I think everyone will be happy to see them make it.

Captain fittingly smashing the runs in Afghan style.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For anyone who cares

Afghanistan v Singapore at St Clement
SINGAPORE WON BY 69 RUNS
Afghanistan won the toss and elected to field
Singapore: 145 off 29.3 overs (C. Ruwan 32; M. Nabi 3-23)
Afghanistan: 76 off 20.2 overs (A. Param 3-15, C.Janik 5-9)
Man of the Match: Christopher Janik (Singapore)

ICC World Cricket League Division 5 - Results

#soproud

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka Board XI v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI at Colombo (PSS), Oct 8-11, 2013 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I think it's either stumps or almost stumps now, this series was organised by the SL board to make up for the Zim tests that got cancelled, looks like Sanga and Kaushal Silva had a day out while Eranga (as I thought) was the only decent bowler. I'll be interested to see how Thirramanne goes with the bat as the only international batsman in the development squad. Also hoping PJ and Matthews go on to score fairly big tomorrow

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
According to Cricinfo Lahiru Gamage is Right-arm slow-medium. Does that mean slower than medium?