• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Every time I comment on the IPL somebody tells me off on here but all I will say is, with a name like ''supergiant'' you need to be winning every match by the widest margin imaginable or you just look like peddlers of hyperbole. Imagine a team who deem themselves ''supergiant'' being wooden spoonists? They would look like complete wankers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every time I comment on the IPL somebody tells me off on here but all I will say is, with a name like ''supergiant'' you need to be winning every match by the widest margin imaginable or you just look like peddlers of hyperbole. Imagine a team who deem themselves ''supergiant'' being wooden spoonists? They would look like complete wankers.
They could play like the WI 70s-80s team reincarnated, with that name they'd still look like wankers.

Daemon

Yeah I managed to get over most of the dumb IPL names, but this one really makes you not want the IPL to be known to the rest of the non cricketing world out of embarrassment.

S.Kennedy

Do you think Mumbai Indians was named by someone sick of all the ridiculous names and who just couldn't be arsed? ''Rising Mumbai Warriors?'' ''Nahh, **** it. They are in Mumbai. Mumbai is in India. The team has Indians. Mumbai Indians will do''.

Kings 11 Punjab is alarmingly missing an apostrophe. Is the Kings singular or plural one wonders, and is this/these King/s actually from Punjab as Punjab just seems sort of lumped on the end which is grammatically incorrect in English?

Shady Slim

International Coach
aight if it's already been done could someone link me

but if not is there any way i could get my hands on an ordered in ascending number list of batsmen's scores to work out medians

S.Kennedy

What do you IPL fans do with all these clubs that have either been scrapped through corruption or financial chicanery, or suspended. I think there are five of them. Do you say, ''bugger, I've bought the t-shirt and am loyal to that club'' or do you switch to a new team?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hb's still a fan of the corrupt CSK so I guess the loyal ones don't care.
The system is ****ing stupid. The tournament should make it easier to build a core squad that the fans can get behind and the team owners should ****ing stick to one jersey ffs. What is this? Model week. **** off.

That **** off is directed at the team owners, not you OS.

OverratedSanity

Yeah I don't know how anyone can form an attachment to a team. CSK sort of had that with the core of Dhoni-Ash-Jaddu-Raina so I can understand why they had their fans but the whole thing is just such a big, gaudy, corrupt, cynical money churning cluster**** that I just don't get how you can actualy care about a team's results.

vcs

Yeah I don't know how anyone can form an attachment to a team. CSK sort of had that with the core of Dhoni-Ash-Jaddu-Raina so I can understand why they had their fans but the whole thing is just such a big, gaudy, corrupt, cynical money churning cluster**** that I just don't get how you can actualy care about a team's results.
This in a nutshell is the problem with IPL. Saying that, it will undoubtedly post record following numbers season after season, so what do I know.

cnerd123

likes this
What do you IPL fans do with all these clubs that have either been scrapped through corruption or financial chicanery, or suspended. I think there are five of them. Do you say, ''bugger, I've bought the t-shirt and am loyal to that club'' or do you switch to a new team?
I'm still Rajasthan Royals 4 life

But yea, it's stupid. The teams and structure changes every year, and squads change so much that they don't really build an identity. Plus no team signs players for the best possible XI, they sign players who are the most marketable

Have barely watched any of the last two seasons. Just cannot follow it.

vcs

I lost interest some time around 2013 or so. The corruption stuff was the final nail.

But the wider public don't seem to care, so they'll continue milking the cow, I guess.

indiaholic

International Captain
I lost interest after the first season.. But it is the best structure for fantasy cricket and we had a very active league till all of them decided to have kids..

cnerd123

likes this
I lost interest after the first season.. But it is the best structure for fantasy cricket and we had a very active league till all of them decided to have kids..
You know what it means when all your friends have kids and you don't?

Means you need new friends