• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Bouncer

State Regular
:thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:

nobody bowled yorkers like the 2Ws.

You must be kidding. Wasim >> Waqar in the death overs.

Hell No, Absolutely not. I have been watching them both bowl at death, almost ball by ball and akram was not as good as waqar in death overs. It s something that you just had to be watching ball by ball in 90's to make a note off. Waqar was a lot more mentally stronger and when going got tougher, waqar would deliver more often with more destruction than wasim. If I am captain and the other side needs 6 or more in final over with 3 or so wickets in hand and I have both W's at their peaks nine times out of ten I would throw the ball to waqar and tenth time I would think about wasim but sill hand to waqar to finish the job.

Bouncer

State Regular

Attachments

Last edited:

Sportingchallen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Today's theme- 1990's bowlers.

Mark Waugh-The Bowler
Mark Waugh 5-40 vs England 1994 - YouTube

Terry Alderman
Terry Alderman 6-47 vs England 1990 - YouTube

Angus Fraser
Angus Fraser 6-82 vs Australia 1990 - YouTube

Phil Tufnell
Phil Tufnell 5-61 vs Australia 1991 - YouTube

Craig McDermott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqUD14RFUeE

Craig McDermott AGAIN!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64aEb2SVYuU

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Hell No, Absolutely not. I have been watching them both bowl at death, almost ball by ball and akram was not as good as waqar in death overs. It s something that you just had to be watching ball by ball in 90's to make a note off. Waqar was a lot more mentally stronger and when going got tougher, waqar would deliver more often with more destruction than wasim. If I am captain and the other side needs 6 or more in final over with 3 or so wickets in hand and I have both W's at their peaks nine times out of ten I would throw the ball to waqar and tenth time I would think about wasim but sill hand to waqar to finish the job.
I have been watching them bowl too almost ball by ball and Waqar was a lot more hit or miss then Wasim. How many times did you see Wasim get smashed in the last 10 overs than Waqar? Why also do you think that Waqar has a much much higher ER than Wasim????? Wasim was arguably the best death bowler EVER in ODI.

I was just watching this completely mesmerized. The googlies are so so amazing.

Most of this is unseen stuff at least by me. Gun upload Rob

Today's theme- 1990's bowlers.

Mark Waugh-The Bowler
Mark Waugh 5-40 vs England 1994 - YouTube

Terry Alderman
Terry Alderman 6-47 vs England 1990 - YouTube

Angus Fraser
Angus Fraser 6-82 vs Australia 1990 - YouTube

Phil Tufnell
Phil Tufnell 5-61 vs Australia 1991 - YouTube

Wasn't Terry Alderman mostly a 80s bowler :p

btw Angus Fraser had one of the weirdest action of all bowlers.

Last edited:

Sportingchallen

School Boy/Girl Captain
guess what SC......at least Imran Khan is in the commentary box in this wicket......

I remember watching this wayyyyy back in the early 90s. Some great memories from that serise
At least I got that right :P. I'll upload one more event from that series. Wasim Akram's 4 wickets that helped defend a total of 184 against a strong West Indian batting lineup. Would you like me to upload that?

smash84

The Tiger King
There is a saying in Urdu "naik kaam mein dair kis baat ki",,,,, meaning ...why delay committing a virtuous deed :D

smash84

The Tiger King
haha.....awesome Amir Sohail delivery....didn't remember that one for sure.....

as a commentator Amir Sohail is the worst of the worst