• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh and btw, did you ever get around to looking for the Gilly 189 in the Sheffield Shield Final in 1996 against South Australia that I asked about a while ago?
Just yes, great knock.

The Home of CricketArchive

PS. Aussie Rules fans will know this, look at the no.6 batsman for SA. One and only James Brayshaw. :p Would love some of his footage if you have any.
Yeah same, JB was actually a smooth operator with the bat, especially on the drive although he had a big gap between bat and pad (without checking, think he got bowled a lot). Loved slapping the Vics around, probably the majority of his Shield runs came against them.

EDIT: Quick check on Cricket Archive; JB averaged around 43 with 10 Shield tons overall, 6 of them (and a couple of 90's) came against Vic against whom he averaged 65, almost 70 for SA alone! Decent effort considering the calibre of bowlers Vic had during his time (from the scorecards); Warne/Fleming/Dodemaide/Saker/Merv/Cook/Williams/Corbett/McIntyre/Reiffel/SO'D/. All bar Corbett and Saker played Tests.

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
^^^^^^

That is not an alias of me. :p

Interesting that JB was actually half decent. I only thought he played a couple of FC games, but I do hope there is some footage of him available. Send it in to the footy show. :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Uploaded heaps of Crowe lately. You need to check my channel regularly to catch up!
You are so awesome! I've been waiting all my life for an opportunity to see Crowe's back to back hundreds (didn't have sky at the time). Any chance of producing Dion Nash's incredible effort at Lords (10fer and a 50) from the same series?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crowe's 188 vs Aust at Brisbane '85 is the one innings I've always wanted to see, although that's possibly a tad early for Rob.

But that '94 coverage was amazing. Crowe playing some glorious strokes virtually on one leg

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Crowe's 188 vs Aust at Brisbane '85 is the one innings I've always wanted to see, although that's possibly a tad early for Rob.

But that '94 coverage was amazing. Crowe playing some glorious strokes virtually on one leg
Pffff, I can do Crowe's debut series in 1982. 1985 is too easy. Tad early my rectum! :furious:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sigh... Why did he have to cut his hair and become sensible?

Not only is he less entertaining to watch, he actually puts India winning first, which is a thing I do not appreciate.

It'd be like if Sreesanth got a short back n' sides, started hitting consistent lines and lengths and shut up from time to time. It'd be awful.

shankar

International Debutant
Sigh... Why did he have to cut his hair and become sensible?

Not only is he less entertaining to watch, he actually puts India winning first, which is a thing I do not appreciate.

It'd be like if Sreesanth got a short back n' sides, started hitting consistent lines and lengths and shut up from time to time. It'd be awful.
Dhoni has always been a 'sensible' batsman. He's been that way since his first match. People too easily stereotype him (or his earlier version) to be an Afridi-type batsman just because he scores fast.

smash84

The Tiger King
Dhoni has always been a 'sensible' batsman. He's been that way since his first match. People too easily stereotype him (or his earlier version) to be an Afridi-type batsman just because he scores fast.
Please stop denigrating Dhoni by using him in the same breath as Shahid Afridi.

I once remember a talk show before the 2003 world cup where they had invited Imran Khan to discuss cricket. Imran was asked about the all rounders in the team particularly Shahd Afridi......

Imran had this to say (translating).........."All rounder is a player who can get into the side on the strength of any of his disciplines. What kind of an all rounder is Shahid Afridi who can neither bat nor bowl????"