• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Match

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I noticed that if i set the line very wide outside leg (i.e. so the bowler bowls a lot of wides) the scorecard becomes very messed up. Looking good otherwise though, well done. :thumbsup:

21C

Cricket Spectator
auscricket said:
Interesting screenshot, did the error happen when you clicked next ball?

And I don't understand why the bowler and keeper say 234234234, did you edit the squad or something?

I just need more details.
He means that the combobox Style property is probably set to Dropdown Combo which allows the user to enter any value they like - the numbers in his example. Changing it to Dropdown List as he suggests will lock it to the names you only want to use.

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
1. Yes, as Adamc mentioned above, bowling well outside leg does cause problems with the card, that will be fixed.

2. How embarrasing.

21C

Cricket Spectator
James said:
and the bowler can be the same as the wicketkeeper
I tried that myself and the game does pick this up if you click on the wicketkeeper at any time first and later try to bowl him ( see pic ) but it lets him bowl straight up otherwise.

Attachments

auscricket

Fixed now. Silly mistake, when the game loaded, it got the default keepers name and stuck it in their, then added everyone, and assumed you were using that keeper when you bowled a ball, but theoretically you hadn't selected a keeper, so it couldn't distinguish who was bowling and keeping, it just new their ability.

Attachments

auscricket

Been a while since I last updated, but I've still been working on it. One thing I realised the game lacked was commentary, so I spent last night integrating it. I had to re-work the layout a bit, as I was running out of room big time.

The match engine has been developed considerably. It is now able to handle bad bowlers, and batsman like Bradman, although alot of tweaking needs to be done, it still isn't perfect. The ratings for both bowler and batsman now work, enabling you to make a decision on whether or not to bowl that bowler again etc, and gives you more of a feel on what happened during that ball, in addition to the commentary.

Attachments

auscricket

Spent some time on it last night. I will release another playable version in the coming days. Things fixed:

*Crappy bowlers get their arses kicked by the likes of Hayden/Trescothick etc, so basically skill is now working 100%!

*Fixed up Editor error, and made team loading more efficent

*Changed team data to one .tm file per side

*Fixed run rate error in commentary

*Improved match engine alot

*Made and included a Ball Generator (ballgen.exe), to see how the CM engine works out balls

*Fixed scorecard mucking up when bowling well outside off and leg stump

auscricket

Ok everyone, it's done. Match engine works 100%, wickets code now finished, blah blah blah.

Time for testing. Report all bugs/dodgy scores/unrealistic results you find here. Comments about the game are welcome as well.

Attachments

cricketboy29

International Regular
i get a run time error 339, component "richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid.

Could you help?

Mermaidman

Cricket Spectator
cricketboy29 said:
i get a run time error 339, component "richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid.

Could you help?
same here mate