• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Match

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a little project of mine for a while now, and I guess now it's nearing completion it would be appropriate to share it with everyone. My goal is to create a realistic match engine, pretty much as real as I can get it, so it can be used for pbem's, and people who just love toying with stats and cricket in general. It let's you play Australia vs England.

The game gives you control over the batsman and bowler aggressions, line & length, and who is the keeper and bowler. It then gives you the outcome of a ball, over, or the whole innings, depending on what you prefer. It also includes a team editor. I have attached the match screen & editor screenshots (apoligigies for the match one, it doesn't completely fit in the screen, but you don't miss anything, just the border).

I will upload the game at it's present status for you soon, just to give you an idea.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
auscricket said:
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a little project of mine for a while now, and I guess now it's nearing completion it would be appropriate to share it with everyone. My goal is to create a realistic match engine, pretty much as real as I can get it, so it can be used for pbem's, and people who just love toying with stats and cricket in general. It let's you play Australia vs England.

The game gives you control over the batsman and bowler aggressions, line & length, and who is the keeper and bowler. It then gives you the outcome of a ball, over, or the whole innings, depending on what you prefer. It also includes a team editor. I have attached the match screen & editor screenshots (apoligigies for the match one, it doesn't completely fit in the screen, but you don't miss anything, just the border).

I will upload the game at it's present status for you soon, just to give you an idea.

Hey man. That looks really good. Very interesting, can't wait to see more.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
auscricket said:
Hi everyone,

Cool magool. A realistic sim is something that is sure-fire missing at the mo. Keep up the work. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Design looks familiar *whistles*

In all seriousness, what's the maths you're using to calculate the outcome of each delivery?

auscricket

Actually, the design I'm using I took from a friend who made his own cricket game like this 4 years ago. I don't know what your referring to.

As far as the maths goes, it looks at the settings, line, length, batsman & bowler aggression, and depending on both the batsman and bowler's statistics, and a bit of random, it comes up with a result.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Just looks pretty similar to my BC2006 efforts - but tbh, there's very little you can do design-wise in a cricket game than scorecard - settings - buttons :)

Is it just one long formula then or is it a layered effort?

auscricket

Aah, I see where your coming from. Believe me when I say I had no intentions of copying, I can change it if you want.

No, one formula does not decide the result, if I know what you mean by layered, then yes, it is layered. But, after seeing BC2006, my game doesn't take into account nearly as many factors, I lack the time, and maybe even the experience to do it.

Basically, if you bowl down way leg side, depending on the keeper, they have a certain chance of getting it. If you are using, say, Brett Lee for keeper, the chances are that the extras column will start to tick over at a faster rate, and going back to the legside example, the chances of him reeling in the ball compared to Adam Gilchrist are far lower.

Once thing I wanted to impliment from the start was the growing confidence of a batsman. Even if you set aggression to the maximum, early on they are tentitve, and can make mistakes, such as have a go at a wide ball and snicking the ball. As the innings progresses, depending on each batsman of course, their confidence develops, and they start to play more shots with greater success.

auscricket

Just an update for you. I spent last night improving the overall accuracy of the engine, and the extras. The line and length now play a part in the outcome of the ball, as well as the batsman and bowler aggression. Also, you can now save the card to a text file for viewing later. I'll attach a playable version in the coming days, to help clear out the bugs. I'll also include the editor so people can start making squads for other international teams. :)

Attachments

cricketboy29

International Regular
looks good, man, especially, fi you control line and length, by the way, you can play with different teams right, not just australia and england, right?

auscricket

There will be an option at the beginning. It finds any team files. Although it will only come with Australia & England, hopefully someone will have the time to make the other teams.

auscricket

Thanks guys, comments are appreciated.

This weekend (Saturday night/Sunday) I'll upload it. It'll come with Aus v Eng. You'll be able to edit their squads, play a match with all features.