• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Match

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I added a new feature, just so it doesn't get dull to quickly. By pressing the "Extras" button on the match screen, a screen will show giving an accurate display of where the last ball hit the turf, and how the batsman handled it.

Comments, and ideas are welcome.

Attachments

auscricket

I'll get it out on Saturday night/Sunday no matter what stage I'm up to, I'm aware of what's happening with other games.

auscricket

Ok, I've decided to release it a bit early. Before you comment, please take note that is is in development, and is by no means finished. I need you to test its realism, basically fiddle around with it. I want you to try make it do something weird, or unrealistic, so then I can fix it up. I am also open to suggestions on how to make it more realistic.

Basically, this version let's you play Australia vs England, the Australian batting innings. I've included the editor so you can edit the squads etc if you wish.

Remember, if you find something wrong, unrealistic, or weird, please tell me. Although keep in mind it's in it's very early stages. I'm open to critisism, but please make it constructive :)

Attachments

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hey so ANDREW :) why dont u just use your old forum name instead of changing to Auscricket? Anyway i got the game and it didnt even work said Runtime error 76... prob just a missing DLL.

auscricket

If you get a run-time error, download the VB run-time files from Microsoft.

Here it is again, I just fixed a little bug. Remember, find bugs, errors, and unrealism and tell me :)

Attachments

21C

Cricket Spectator
The RTE 76 is a "Path not found" which means that the program can't find the folder it needs.

I did some quick experimenting and found that the Teams folder needs to be in the same location as the main program. It got unzipped to a separate spot.

In the same location, you should have:
cricketmatch.exe
[Teams] folder - with all the text files

21C

Cricket Spectator
Quick suggestions/observations :

1. When selecting a new bowler for the next over, there is no indication of the players relative strengths. Like, I recognise the names but I don't know in the game if Darren Gough is a better bowler than Stepen Harmison ( or Marcus Trescothick for that matter ). I'm guessing that the bowler strength is stored in one of the england1.txt ( or england2 or ... ) files but there's no indication of this in the game ( other than the editor which I've just found ).

2. It is possible to change a bowler mid-over. I could bowl 6 different bowlers in the same over.

3. No-balls get counted as a normal delivery - not re-bowled. It looks like a bowler could theoretically bowl 6 no balls and complete their over.

4. The editor uses a slider bar to change teams - Yikes! This would get interesting when you include more teams. :) I'd suggest a listbox or combobox.

Nice effort overall.

auscricket

Aah, sorry about that. Zip file Fixed.

About your suggestions, the editor won't use a slidebar once completed. Thanks for spotting the no balls and bowler issue. As for player strengths, that's a good idea, I'll add that in.

Attachments

Last edited:

auscricket

BTW, if you find any innaccuracies scorewise, it might be an idea to save the card and attach scorecard.txt

cricketboy29

International Regular
i find this hilarious, harmison bowled an over and he went for 16, solanki and trescothick, have bowled 4 overs between them, and only given away 19 runs.???

James

Cricket Web Owner
have a look at the attached. I would suggest you make your drop down menus drop down lists.

Attachments

auscricket

Interesting screenshot, did the error happen when you clicked next ball?

And I don't understand why the bowler and keeper say 234234234, did you edit the squad or something?

I just need more details.