• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Coupon code

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not one to usually start these butt-kissing threads, and I don't really have a use for the service, but I must congratulate James and anyone else involved in the promotion for cut prices on TVN Sports. It's hard enough to get advertisers on a website (having worked for a website for six months or so, I know how much they struggled to attract them) and innovative promotions like this can only help.

Mutual love-in over...

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's a seven day trial they're doing with advertising on Cricket Web and if it proves successful they'll continue it.

Hopefully they get quite a few sign-ups from CW visitors, would certainly help the site.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had a look. May sign up for some coverage if:

(i) Its not on Sky NZ
(ii) If its in a suitable time zone. I don't expect I'll make a decision in the next 7 days, mind.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the support guys.

I'm hoping to get a test account I can use and try out with the second innings of NZ/Australia and will post back some honest thoughts about what I think.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm hoping to get a test account I can use and try out with the second innings of NZ/Australia and will post back some honest thoughts about what I think.
Please do, am interested to see what it's like.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
From James's POV he is covered by their terms of use, though
He may be covered but I can see people possibly questioning the credibility of the site when it is sponsored by an illegal subscription cricket streaming service (I dont know if it is or if it isnt).

Especially as the forum rules explicitly say not to mention or promote illegal activity, streams being one thing that are banned. There could be a few issues there.

Saying that, I used the site to watch the 1st Aus/NZ ODI and dont have a problem with it.

I am interested in the legality of this as I cant imagine James and Cricketweb signing up for something that isnt legit, even though this looks pretty dodgy. They do appear to be selling something they do not own.

Basicaly, this is a great coup if it is legit and legal.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
TVNSports neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with TVNSports.
Dodgy.

James

Cricket Web Owner
As before, as far as I'm aware CW is covered legal wise by their Terms of Use, and I had this more or less confirmed. Online advertising is a legal mindfield when it comes to legalities.

There have been over 30 emails between us before their banner went up and I asked for more classification last night, and it seems as though they've switched things on me and giving me the run about, because they now say the below which is different from before:

We do have the necessary rights to broadcast in USA (CBN only) and Canada. We are in the process of expanding these to UK as well. Thanks
Due to this, I've decided it's in the best interests of Cricket Web and its visitors to end the advertising with them because of their dodgy activities that seem to just now be coming to the surface.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Allow me to rewrite my opening post:

I'm not one to usually start these derogatory threads, and I don't really have a use for the service, but I must chastise James and anyone else involved in the promotion for cut prices on TVN Sports. It's hard enough to get advertisers on a website (having worked for a website for six months or so, I know how much they struggled to attract them) and innovative promotions need to be looked into further before being set in stone.

:ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Allow me to rewrite my opening post:

I'm not one to usually start these derogatory threads, and I don't really have a use for the service, but I must chastise James and anyone else involved in the promotion for cut prices on TVN Sports. It's hard enough to get advertisers on a website (having worked for a website for six months or so, I know how much they struggled to attract them) and innovative promotions need to be looked into further before being set in stone.

:ph34r:
:laugh: