• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
308* to Sam Northeast, although to be honest any runs scored against Leicestershire need to be halved to obtain their actual value.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
let northeast go for the record
Given the state of the wicket, they may as well. But Glamorgan will probably declare when they're 200 ahead, which is likely to be at or soon after the lunch break. Or maybe when Northeast passes 400.

Starfighter

This is one of those situations where I have no idea why you'd declare unless he got out. For me as a fan sometimes setting ridiculous records is more satisfying than a team declaring for a 1% chance of a result.

I suppose if they need the points...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
remember when Clarke passed on beating Lara's record so he could win the test by day 4.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is one of those situations where I have no idea why you'd declare unless he got out. For me as a fan sometimes setting ridiculous records is more satisfying than a team declaring for a 1% chance of a result.

They're in 3rd place in D2 and will overtake 2nd place Middlesex if they win this one. But I have no idea how many sides are promoted.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Northeast should have had a Test call up a few years ago. He had a good purple patch but was destined to be another James Hildreth. As an ex Kent player, I've always wished him well. Still, there's a big part of any cricket fan that would want Lara's record to remain intact. The highest FC score should be by an all time great.

Starfighter

If this makes any of the Australian news websites I expect the headline to contain the phrase 'English phenomenon', or at very least 'phenomenon'.

mr_mister

Absolutely agree. "The team comes before the individual" has gone way too far the other way at this point and is also kinda bull****

Remember Warner's massive emotional outpouring for his test 300... Then looked like he could have easily gone for 400 but of course we declare because we needed 6 sessions to bowl out Pakistan apparently... And then he has to do the whole "mate wasn't really thinking about the record, the win is more important" after we just saw how much the 300 clearly meant to him

Mark Taylor ruined everything with his "selfless" declaration on 334. Lara was badass for going for the 400