• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now Kasey Aldridge comes in for Davey as a replacement 2 of his 3 first-class matches been a replacement now.

Hopefully Josh Davey is okay.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gloucestershire giving it the old three nightwatchmen all dismissed in the space of 4 balls to give Kent a sniff. Pretty impressive stubbornness.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If Leicestershire had some batting they could do decently in the t20 given their bowling. Naveen, Parkinson, Mike and Rehan Ahmed all going well this year as bowlers. Notts all but out of the T20 this season with tonights loss vs Leicestershire.

Rehan Ahmed certainly a very encouraging prospect for England in white ball formats. Only 17 but good control, bowls quick through the air with a big turning googly. Probably won't play this year with the world t20s coming up later in the year but could definitely see him playing for England in t20 cricket next year.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Anyone want to bet against Kent conceding 500 in the first innings again? Slightly baffled as to why they won the toss and put Surrey in at the Oval.

Decent totals from Northants and Notts too, some fast outfields out there.

Will Essex face a pitch report after Harmer turns it square on the first day?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone want to bet against Kent conceding 500 in the first innings again? Slightly baffled as to why they won the toss and put Surrey in at the Oval.
I'm going to The Oval tomorrow, as the annual get-together at the cricket for me and a couple of old mates. Not quite 'Last of the Summer Wine', but getting there. The immediate point of interest will be whether Curran can make his maiden FC hundred. I was watching the live stream this afternoon, and he came in to bat without half an hour to go and the new ball just taken. The obvious course of action would have been to potter around for what turned out to be 28 deliveries, get his eye in tomorrow and then help himself against a very weak Kent attack. But that's not how they do things nowadays. Curran got his eye in by repeatedly hitting the new ball on the up and successfully lacing the thing through the covers each time. He ended the day on 53* from said 28 deliveries. Anyway, I hope he reaches three figures tomorrow. With Will Jacks also at the crease, it could be entertaining, but I hope that hasn't jinxed them. Then I should be able to take a look at Ben Compton.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
yep scurran finally gets his first hundred in any format. hope you are enjoying your day wpdavid.
Certainly doesn't look like Sam will taking much convincing to be indoctrinated into the ways of bazzball judging by the innings - 126 runs off 75 balls.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
yep scurran finally gets his first hundred in any format. hope you are enjoying your day wpdavid.
Certainly doesn't look like Sam will taking much convincing to be indoctrinated into the ways of bazzball judging by the innings - 126 runs off 75 balls.
Yeah, it was a good day, even allowing for losing some play due to rain. Curran's innings was actually quite sedate for most of yesterday, having started the day at 53 from 28 balls at the end of Day 1. Jacks was initially the more fluent of two. People looking at Jack's 100 at more than a run a ball on the scorecard may assume that he was in one-day mode, but he really wasn't. Kent's attack is very ordinary, the wicket is a road, and Jacks is an accomplished batsman nowadays. Curran eventually got going after 45 minutes or so and started hitting Linde for straight sixes, one of which took him to three figures. He was audibly excited about getting there, so it was good to see that he cares and isn't just biding his time until the next shorter, and more lucrative, version of the game comes along. Reading cricinfo's report today, the writer was quite narky about the whole thing, which I thought was unnecessary. After reaching three figures, he moved up a gear against Kent's two international bowlers, hitting Duffy for four boundaries in one over and hitting Linde for another six before taking one liberty too many against the latter. As for his bowling, I thought he looked a bit quicker than previously, but I might be wrong. He quickly cleaned up Compton, who had been lucky to have survived Worrall's first over, but didn't really threaten thereafter. He ended up bowling round the wicket to the right handers, which I have always thought a bit pointless as the whole point should be that he offers a different angle of attack. The fact that he ended up only sending down 9 overs in Kent's first innings suggests that he still isn't 100% fit. Leaning and Bell-Drummond were lucky to survive their first few overs, but thereafter looked pretty comfortable. I do wonder about Surrey playing five seamers and only Jacks as a part-time spinner, and I'd prefer to see Virdi or Moriarty in the side. The way they've started their second innings suggests I may have a point.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think Jacob Duffy has been curb stomped like that before. He's had very bad days but that's quite the return to Earth after a 5fer.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sibley going back to Surrey from next year.

Hoping to fill his boots no doubt on that motorway of a track
Sibley and Burns renewing their double act at county level should be something to behold or avoid, depending on your perspective. It's a strange move for Surrey actually, as Ryan Patel has been doing perfectly well at the top of the order this season. My guess is that Amla won't be retained; his hundred against the mighty Kent attack on the afore-mentioned road was his first useful contribution of the summer. Perhaps Patel will bat at 3.