• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harry Brook in some form, really look forward to how he handles carrying those drinks next week.

Chubb

International Regular
I think McCullum will send a message and pick him. It's the kind of statement we expected before the squad was named and he disappointed.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Middlesex on for a big score at Radlett.

Lancs squad for Yorkshire tomorrow looks tasty, especially as they are still missing the likes of Buttler, Mahmood.

County Xi doing decently vs New Zealand.

Aritro

International Regular
are Yorkshire really Vikings now? At least they could have the decency to spell it Jorvikshire
It's just so weird to name your team after an ethnocultural group. Weirder still when it's not most identifiably your own.

Middlesex Visigoths
Durham Nubians
Lancashire Bedouins
Hampshire Mandinkas
Northamptonshire Berbers
Glamorgan Cossacks
Worcestershire Mongols
Warwickshire Scythians

One or two of those have a ring to them to be fair.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I mean Yorkshire was heavily populated by Scandinavians after the invasion of the Great Army in the 860s who settled there for new lives. But yeah more identifiable I suppose with your local team in Tromso than Leeds.

wtf am I posting this for in the county cricket thread

chris.hinton

International Captain
Yorkshire had some T20 team against Worcestershire. They wont have that every match but that side would win the T20

grecian

This Leicestershire-Derby match a good advert for Test Cricket, The ladies T20 much more fun.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Buttler expected to play for Lancs? Him along with David and Livingstone would be a bit of a nightmare lineup to face.

grecian

Is Buttler expected to play for Lancs? Him along with David and Livingstone would be a bit of a nightmare lineup to face.
I don't see why not, not sure he's in the test reckoning.

TRJ is genuinely pushing for an england place I reckon, if what Keys says that it's the best team available to win a matchregardless of age, he should play if we get another injury or two, which let's face it is odds on.

Would be funny after the push for yoof in the West Indies if we ended up with 3 seamers in their late 30s.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Salt and Buttler should be one of the most dangerous opening pairs in the country. Looking at today's scorecard, Livingstone and David are batting at 5 and 6, which strikes me as a place too low. Not that it caused David many problems on this occasion. But I'd want to give them a chance to completely bat their opponents out of the game, and Worcestershire still have a chance here.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Sam Curran with a half century and a fifer in the same game!

Trying to find out if this has been done before. Surely very few instances?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Birmingham Vs Notts in the Blast was an 8 over match due to weather. What I noticed was both sides had a retired out batsman. Brathwaite for Birmingham and Samit Patel for Notts. Genuine injuries or Ashwin style shenanigans? Not sure how I feel on the latter.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Birmingham Vs Notts in the Blast was an 8 over match due to weather. What I noticed was both sides had a retired out batsman. Brathwaite for Birmingham and Samit Patel for Notts. Genuine injuries or Ashwin style shenanigans? Not sure how I feel on the latter.

Neither were injuries apparently, both were tactical retirements.

Brathwaite retired himself out because he wasn't picking the leg spinner who was due to bowl the next over (and in an 8 over game couldn't afford another low scoring over).

Samit was retired out by his team for the final ball of the game, which he wasn't due to face, because his teammates wanted someone faster as the non-striker who could potentially run a quick 2.