• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

tony p

First Class Debutant
Absolutely top performance by Northants today. Put on 170+ for the last three wickets against one of the best attacks in the country and then completely strangled Essex in reply. Can't remember the last time I saw such sustained accurate bowling, there was barely a bad ball all afternoon.
Luke Procter would have to be one of the most unaesthetically pleasing players to watch, but he does a fine rearguard job.
They also have an underrated bowling side.
Think they will stay up.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say it's been good to see some runs-heavy rounds in the CC. Too bad Marcus Harris has scored some of them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nathan Gilchrist, 3 pairs in a row and equal as the most ducks in a row in FC cricket. 3 first-ballers (one in each match) and it's four pairs in a row if you count matches where he batted twice. That's a fair effort.

Flem274*

123/5
Nathan Gilchrist, 3 pairs in a row and equal as the most ducks in a row in FC cricket. 3 first-ballers (one in each match) and it's four pairs in a row if you count matches where he batted twice. That's a fair effort.
I hope he gets a nice 30 next try tbh. Must be grim.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Saq Mahmood not involved for Lanky again, hmmm.....
So whats going here? He started well for Lancs and they just dropped him. Mahmood, Jimmy and Ali is a good attack.

Is there an injury? Is there the contract issue? Or is it Jimmy throwing a tantrum?

grecian

So whats going here? He started well for Lancs and they just dropped him. Mahmood, Jimmy and Ali is a good attack.

Is there an injury? Is there the contract issue? Or is it Jimmy throwing a tantrum?
Shoulder injury apparently. Not sure why Jimmy would throw a tantrum, he's been rested.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ollie Robinson starting his first match of the season today. Woakes still not fit to play. Olly Stone made a comeback for Warks 2nds but had to withdraw with injury after bowling just 7 deliveries.

Foakes back for Surrey after missing the last round.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Shoulder injury apparently. Not sure why Jimmy would throw a tantrum, he's been rested.
What is it with England not able to keep their fast bowlers fit? The support staff must be rubbish.

Look at teams that have consistently produced better and faster pace bowlers, Aus, SA and Pak, they have much better track records.

grecian

What is it with England not able to keep their fast bowlers fit? The support staff must be rubbish.

Look at teams that have consistently produced better and faster pace bowlers, Aus, SA and Pak, they have much better track records.
Well, as I mentioned before, he's been injury-prone for awhile, not sure a short stint with England has suddenly made him this way.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Well, as I mentioned before, he's been injury-prone for awhile, not sure a short stint with England has suddenly made him this way.
And as I and someone else responded, that's not true, Mohammad played a lot of T20 cricket, Lancs just kept him out of their red ball side.

But anyway, putting him aside, the England set up can't keep Wood, Archer, Robinson and that's just a few fit. Jimmy spent most of the 00s in and out of the doctors office too, so much so he had to re-model his action and drop his pace while still in his 20s, not to mention other guys who never had extended runs.

Obviously not just the England set up but the county set up is a problem as well. So the question still stands...

grecian

And as I and someone else responded, that's not true, Mohammad played a lot of T20 cricket, Lancs just kept him out of their red ball side.

But anyway, putting him aside, the England set up can't keep Wood, Archer, Robinson and that's just a few fit. Jimmy spent most of the 00s in and out of the doctors office too, so much so he had to re-model his action and drop his pace while still in his 20s, not to mention other guys who never had extended runs.

Obviously not just the England set up but the county set up is a problem as well. So the question still stands...
It was true though, Lancashire have not kept him out of their side, you and your friend just making stuff up as far as I can see.

There is not a country that hasn't had an huge amount of bowlers that have had players crocked, it's modern cricket. Oz have got a few they can keep fit ATM, but they've lost a fair few over the years. It's all the same training and coaches, why you need to cherish the ones that stay fit and perform over many years.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
It was true though, Lancashire have not kept him out of their side, you and your friend just making stuff up as far as I can see.
So Mahmood wasn't playing T20 cricket at home and abroad while being kept out of the red ball side?

grecian

If it wasn't for Pakistan players not being at the IPL, there'd hardly be any wickets falling it feels.