• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm curious as to why a lot of teams opted to field first. In this round four sides who asked the opposition to bat will be chasing down in excess of 400 runs in the first innings.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
The lowest first innings score in any of the four Div 1 games is Lancs' 566-9. Looks like the ECB are getting their wish for some better batting tracks.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Hasn’t he been there for 2 years already?
One year/18 months I think. He played in the West Indies under 19 set up just before the pandemic. Then Warwickshire did some scouting and brought him over. It's active recruiting/stealing talent. Farbrace is behind it I think.

I don't mind it happening naturally, I just detest Warwickshire's mercenary approach.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One year/18 months I think. He played in the West Indies under 19 set up just before the pandemic. Then Warwickshire did some scouting and brought him over. It's active recruiting/stealing talent. Farbrace is behind it I think.

I don't mind it happening naturally, I just detest Warwickshire's mercenary approach.
Is it that dissimilar to players from all over the world recruited to play NBA, or MLB? If there is a bigger, or more accessible league in another country it happens I guess

Flem274*

123/5
Apples and oranges there. Maybe if the IPL (vomit) was the pinnacle of cricket you would have a point.

This is more like the Melbourne Storm giving star players apartments under the table so they can cheat the salary cap in spirit and make the NRL stupidly unfair.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apples and oranges there. Maybe if the IPL (vomit) was the pinnacle of cricket you would have a point.
I'm genuinely asking the question, not trying to "make a point". I'm sure the difference between being a cricketer in the Windies and England is nowhere near as much as the difference between NBA/MBL and other countries in those sports, but it's a similar priniciple and could be a sign of the future

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
It’s been happening with young Zim players for years and I’m only surprised it hasn’t happened as much for Windies guys.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is much better from Essex. Looks like a bit of rain expected tomorrow - I hope there's enough time to finish Lancashire's final wicket off.