• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

twctopcat

International Regular
I know people either think he's a cheat or a genius (perhaps both), but nonetheless i'd like to congratulate murali on equalling C.Walsh's record of 519, which he will no doubt break in a day or two. A quite remarkable effort from a mind boggling bowler.
P.s if we could leave the insults from this thread would be appreciated, there must be at least 20 other threads where that takes place. :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations !! Well Done Murali. Go for 800. Make a record which no one will be able to break. :thumbs_up

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
An admirable performance. I do wonder how many Warne would have if he'd played as big a percentage of his games against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, and also if he'd been the sole bowler of true class in the side, but you can't ignore Murali's numbers.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done !! Anyone who can withstand this degree of personal attack, scrutiny, ridicule, cat calls and some instances pure jealousy from present and some past cricketers and still get on with it deserves credit. Whatever the critics may say and however things turn out, this fella has strength of character. Bring the game into disrepute by his behaviour and conduct, he has not!! Gets on with it sporting a broad smile. His behaviour and character (not his bowling action) should be a role model for kids in the subcontinent. :cool:

While not wanting to get into any slanging duel in this thread, the greatest bowler in Test cricket IMO he is not , nor is he the greatest contemporary spinner in Test cricket.

pakster

U19 12th Man
"nor is he the greatest contemporary spinner in Test cricket."

dam right, that accolade belongs to kaneria :)

lol...IMO he (murali) is probably the best spinner at the moment (or for the last 10 years for that fact!!), he has single handedly led a sri lankan attack devoid of any other decent bowlers and still manages to take wickets.

Shane warne is supported by the likes of mcgrath, gilespie etc which definatley releived the pressure from his shoulders!

Murali on the other hand has a lot of pressure on his shoulders to bowl well, as he is sri lankas only genuine strike bowler!!

so in summary..

Murali > warne

Watch out for Tariq mahmood of pak, has the 'potential' to be amongst the greats!!

Scallywag

Banned
Murali will hold the record for getting the most wickets for some time.

I notice when posters declare their undying support for Murali it allways comes with a claim he is better than Warne, is this to overwrite what you know subconsciously.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
I notice when posters declare their undying support for Murali it allways comes with a claim he is better than Warne, is this to overwrite what you know subconsciously.
yep :)

a massive zebra

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Its because so many deluded people are obsessed with the overhyped junkie, and we need to put them straight 8-)

Scallywag

Banned
a massive zebra said:
Its because so many deluded people are obsessed with the overhyped junkie, and we need to put them straight 8-)

I wouldent call Murali a junkie, do they have drug testing in Sri Lanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.